37. Waltzing

"Good morning!" Eijiro's grin welcomed you into reality.

"Uh...good morning." You sat up, not noticing that you were getting into his face.

His face flushed pink and he quickly stepped backward. "Um...breakfast is ready."

"Already?! Who cooked?!" You threw your blanket off and scrambled to get up.

"I did, actually. Everyone else got up early."

"I don't like being last. Dammit." You attempted to fix your hair before giving up and hurrying down the staircase.

"Took you long enough." Your brother muttered as he ate.

"You...how did...how the hell did I oversleep?" You sighed, disappointed. "I was hoping to cook today."

"Oh no, sorry!" Eijiro frowned, mentally scolding himself.

"Oh, no I'm not blaming you! It's not your fault! I just oversleep...that's unlike me."

You narrowed your eyes before shrugging.

"Must be because I was cold."

Eijiro sighed with relief and forced a smile. "Here, try it!"

You sat down and grabbed some bread. You drunk some milk and then bacon.

"Kirishima, you're a ninja, right?" Izuku commented. "It's no wonder you're a great cook! You need skills to survive in the wild!"

"Yeah." Eijiro seemed a bit distant, it was like something was bothering him.

You tilted your head, wondering if you could do something for him. Breakfast was over soon and it began to snow.

"There's gonna be a blizzard, so I suggest we stay." Shoto glanced at his group, placing a hand on the window.

"I'm gonna go sleep." Katsuki left, his boots making the staircase creak.

"Hey, Shoto."

Shoto turned to you, his hair slightly swaying. "What is it?"

"Do you know how to dance?" You held up your hands in a waltz position.

"Yes. It's expected of a future king, after all." Shoto fully turned his body to you.

Izuku sat on the stairs, taking out his journal. Eijiro leaned on the wall, deep in thought.

"That's great, do you want to dance?"

"Without music?" Shoto approached you.

"Yeah. Just think about it in your head. Imagine."

"I'll try."

Shoto set his hand on your waist. His fingers intertwined with yours; you set your other hand on his shoulder.

"I'm a bit rusty. It's been a while."

"I understand." Shoto took lead, swaying.

You followed his movements, closing your eyes to imagine music playing. Violins and pianos.

You and Shoto were in sync, moving gracefully as if your bodies were meant to dance together. At least, that was what Izuku was thinking. He was low in status, but somehow, All Might picked him to be king.

He didn't have a son so he picked Izuku. He wasn't used to being royal so he was free to do what he wanted. He trained and learned a few skills here and there.

He learned how to dance, but only the basics. But you and him...were like swans. He felt his chest begin to hurt, choking him.

He didn't like it. He didn't like the feeling at all. It was like he was being restrained from doing anything. He wanted to do something, but he couldn't.

"Can you hear the music?"

"No, not really." Shoto shook his head.

"Hm...what if I hum?"

"I think that would help."

You closed your eyes again before gently humming. Izuku was brought back to reality when he heard your humming. A smile formed on his face as he watched you smile.

Shoto's eyes softened on your face.