19. Pure

The people began to walk back to their homes as the sky began to darken.

"Thanks."

"Thank the Lord for having mercy on you." Gabriel turned without a word.

"Wait," you called out.

"No, not yet." He responded and left.

You clenched your hands and turned back inside the entrance. You slammed the door shut, breathing heavily. You met Shoto's eyes, he was carrying a plate.

"Thanks." You grabbed it and plopped down on a table.

"Are you okay?" Izuku asked, sitting beside you.

"I'm fine." You replied, taking a bite out of your food. "Still waiting for an answer from heaven."

"I see..." Izuku ate while thinking. "I think you'll be forgiven, you're a good person. You're so selfless too."

"It's complicated. I don't just get forgiven easily, I made a mistake as an angel. As a servant of God, I wasn't supposed to do that."

"But I'm sure it's coming soon," Izuku reassured. "To still be loyal to him, you're amazing."

You smiled, feeling your cheeks get a bit warm. "Thanks. You're pure."

Izuku blushed and hurried upon finishing his food. "T-thanks!! I'll go sleep now!!"

He left running as Shoto sat on the other side of where Izuku was.

"Is he okay?"

"Yeah, he's fine." You turned to Shoto, "Where's the boar?"

"You mean Bakugo? He left to his room long ago."

"Ah, I see." You ate your food. "Shoto."

"Yes?"

You pressed the blue gem into his hand. Shoto's eyes widened when nothing happened to his hand.

"You're so pure too." You retrieved it. "I'm glad."

"Why doesn't it work?"

"You may be stoic but you have good intentions. I'm glad." You held the blue gem tightly. "Because one day, this will save us."

Shoto tilted his head. "One day?"

"Oh, aren't we about to get to your kingdom soon?"

"Yes, very soon." Shoto nodded, "That place is hot, we should bring a lot of water with us."

"Can't we take a magic carriage? We are in your kingdom."

"I don't want my old man knowing we're here. Or else he'll want to see you and that'll delay us."

"Hm...okay. If that's what you'd like."

Shoto nodded and you smiled.

"You know, I kinda like you."

Shoto blinked, a tiny pink tint appearing on his face.

"You're a good person, even though you may be a quiet person. Thanks for staying beside me. Going with the three of you may have been the best decision I have made."

"How so?"

"It's been pretty fun. Even though in the end I'll have to head back home, I will never forget this."

Shoto forgot you'd have to go back. He felt his chest get heavy, which was so unlike him.

"Oh." He whispered. "Well, I'll head to my room."

"I'll see you in the morning!" You called out to him as you picked up your plate.

You set the plate right next to dirty plates. You head back to your room and laid down on your bed.

Maybe you'll tell them later...

That heat is your weakness.