35. Mansion

The snow was only an inch deep when you and your group made your way onto the border of the Endeavor kingdom and All Might kingdom.

"Just a bit more and we'll make it to the All Might kingdom," Shoto said, pulling out his map. "We should rest today to get there tomorrow."

"Yeah, it's getting pretty dark." Izuku looked up at the setting sun.

You huffed and set your jaw onto Shoto's shoulder. He froze as you trailed your finger onto the map before stopping at a point.

"There. It isn't far from here, a twenty-minute walk."

"Y-yes." Shoto stuttering was something unlikely to hear.

"Are you okay? Are you cold?"

"No, I'm fine."

"Well...okay."

You glanced at your brother when you began walking in that direction. Your brother followed you, knowing where you were going. You clenched your hands in an attempt to calm yourself.

Eventually, you all arrived at a gate.

"It looks like an abandoned mansion," Izuku spoke, a gentle white vapor escaped from his mouth.

"Yeah. Home sweet home." Your younger brother said as he pushed the gate.

"So this was the mansion," Shoto mumbled, stepping inside.

Eijiro looked down at his wrist to see a line appearing. He frowned and followed you and the rest. It was a five-minute walk before you could get to the stairs.

You pushed open the double doors, entering a dark room. You struck a match and lit up a lamp. You searched around until you found a lever.

You pulled it up and the lights turned on.

"Well, it still works." You shrugged and looked around. "They took almost everything."

"I can't even recognize it anymore. Race you up the stairs!!" Your brother began to go up the stairs.

"You got a head start!" You skipped the stairs by two and made it to the top. "I win!"

"No fair!"

"You got a head start!"

As you both began to bicker, Shoto looked around. It looked pretty familiar.

"I visited this place once, right?" Shoto turned to you for confirmation."

"Yeah, just to meet my family. I was sick at the moment so I wasn't able to greet you." You looked around.

The walls were deep red with velvet patterns. The windows were large and ripped curtains draped over them. The staircase was wooden, torn, and creaking.

"You were a spoiled brat, weren't ya?" Katsuki muttered, looking around.

"I guess you could say that." You answered with a shrug.

"We should stay together, just in case an ambush happens." Eijiro grabbed Katsuki's shoulder.

Katsuki shrugged it off and tsked, going up the stairs to follow you. Izuku glanced back at Eijiro who held a worried expression.

"Midoriya, Kirishima, are you coming?" Shoto looked back at the two boys.

"Yup!" Eijiro recomposed himself and ran after the people he'll have to betray.