8. Fallen Angel

"I'm not human." Your words made the three go into shock. "The only reason why I'm powerful is because I was a servant of the Lord. I was an angel."

"E-eh?!" Izuku exclaimed, not believing his ears.

"When I was an angel, I fell in love with a human." You stared at the flickering fire. "On top of that, it was a female."

"W-was she pretty?" Izuku didn't want you to feel uncomfortable.

"She was beautiful." You whispered. "She had brown hair and eyes with a cute, round face. I came to learn that her name was Ochako Uraraka."

Shoto glanced at you and then back at the flickering fire. "Why did you fall in love?"

"When I first saw her, I just saw another human. She was mistreated but she was strong. She already had a lover but I saw how sad she was.

I don't know why, but I watched her closely, and the more I watched her, the more I realized that I loved her. At some point, I got too obsessed and took her away to keep for myself.

I didn't understand why she didn't love me. I loved her, so why didn't she? I soon realized that she was terrified. It was too late for me and I was stripped of my wings.

I was sent here to live as a human. I was born and cursed to live miserably the rest of my life for falling in love and capturing a human."

You felt deep regret engraved in your heart.

"And they gave me emotions so I could feel what it's like to live like this. I had taken my powers with me but they no longer come from the heavens. The more I use them, the more cursed my life will be.

I don't know if the Lord ever plans to forgive me. I've prayed hard enough and yet there is no answer."

Izuku felt his hands shake for some reason. "I-I'm sorry that happened."

"Don't be. I deserve it." You laid down. "I've learned my lesson for the most part. Now I'm just waiting for their response."

"I...see." Izuku watched your eyes flutter shut.

"I may not be human, but I'm like the rest of you, so don't treat me differently." You rolled into your side. "I won't hurt you all either."

Izuku watched the flickering fire, "For you to say that it must've been hard. We trust you, right Kacchan?"

"Don't bring me in this!! I could care less what your stupid backstory is!!"

"As long as the king is healed, we don't mind," Shoto assured.

"Ha. Thanks."

You slept with a happy heart.