34. Guilt

"Thank you for the food." Almost everyone said at the same time.

You picked up your utensils to eat, gobbling almost everything down because it's been almost a day since you are. Actually, everyone was gobbling down their food.

Except for Shoto. Shoto had some manners.

And after that, you all began to sort stuff out.

"So this is my bundle of clothes and here are my spoons..."

You grabbed your wooden spoons and set them in a pile. Izuku had some books and equipment for his quirk. Shoto carried a small book and clothes.

Katsuki was carrying his clothes and equipment. Your younger brother didn't carry much other than weapons and books.

Eijiro didn't carry a bag, he just carried weapons. You, on the other hand...

"The hell you need this pot for?!" Katsuki yelled as he held up a pot.

"Where else are we gonna make our food?!" You retorted, getting excited.

"It's too heavy!! Get rid of it!"

"I'd like to hear you say that once we don't have a place to cook!"

"Hah?!"

"Especially when we're in the ice kingdom!"

Katsuki's veins popped out and his eyes became pointy. "Shut the hell up!! We don't need a fucking pot that heavy!"

"K-kacchan, please don't make (Y/n) too excited..."

"Don't tell me what to do!!"

"(Y/n), calm down." Eijiro placed both hands onto your shoulders. "Okay?"

He whispered into your ear. You shivered and pouted.

"Fine."

Eijiro giggled, "Good."

You pretended that you weren't getting flustered, sighing.

"I'm not gonna defend anyway. I just heal and I'll back you up if I have to."

"Hmph. Do whatever you want. Don't say I didn't warn ya."

"I won't."

"Now that that's settled. Bakugo, is it really necessary to bring that dart?"

"Hah?!"

Shoto and Katsuki began to bicker and you smiled. It felt so nice to be with people. At home, it was so lonely.

You placed a hand over your chest as your heart began to ache. You wished your fate wasn't cruel.

Izuku glanced at you with a frown and scooted beside you.

"Are you okay?"

"Yup! Completely fine! My heart just hurt a bit. It's fine."

Eijiro glanced at you with a dark look in his eye. His eyes darted away and he grinned when you turned to look at him. You blinked before turning back to Izuku.

"I'll be fine, no need to worry."

"Well...if you say so."

Eijiro felt heavy guilt.