45. The Selfishness of Him

Izuku headed straight to the border in which separated All Might's and Endeavor's kingdoms. He had to stop because the guards there glared at him.

"Excuse me...I'm Izuku, the heir to the throne! Please let me through!"

"And I'm the queen of the skies." One of them replied.

Izuku frowned as they all began to laugh. "Please, All for One is after me and I'm trying to save the girl in the legend!"

"We weren't born yesterday! Get outta here!!"

"Please, let me through!" Izuku became angry, "All Might has to be healed!!"

"Pfft. Fine, go. Just don't cause trouble or else we'll have to execute you, foreigner."

Izuku stepped inside the All Might kingdom before stopping, "There are no executions in this kingdom."

They were shocked as Izuku activated his quirk and jumped away, trying to get to the castle before All for One could catch up. Once you heal All Might, he'll be able to protect everyone.

Your eyes fluttered open as Izuku hopped from roof to roof. In a daze, you closed them again.

"Where are we going?" You asked so quietly Izuku almost missed it.

Suddenly he felt guilty, you shouldn't be pushed too far and heal the king just because of his selfishness.

"We're heading to the castle," Izuku responded, landing in front of the gates.

"Oh...okay," you replied but didn't process the information you were given.

Izuku held his head high as he walked past the gates. He made it to the entrance, striding past the guards.

Then he activated his quirk, quickly heading to All Might's room. He quickly found it and entered, huffing and panting.

"Where's All Might?!"

"Young Midoriya, right here."

Izuku looked over to see the all-powerful king stuck in bed. He looked weak and skinny.

"Oh, All Might!" Izuku rushed over, still carrying you and your brother.

"And...who might those be?"

"This is the girl in the legend and her younger brother."

"Ah...so they're here." All Might coughed.

"But we're being chased by All for One so we have to hurry up and heal you."

"Young Midoriya, they don't look they're in a good state."

"I'm fine." You answered, getting onto your feet. You wobbled, holding onto Izuku's shoulder. "I'll heal you."

"Young lady, it's a bad idea. You look worse than me."

"It'll be fine."

You sat down beside All Might's bed, holding his hand. You closed your eyes before opening them, galaxies forming in your eyes.

"Lord in heaven, please lend me your power to heal this man and restore him to what he was. I ask for your guidance and lead him to-"

You coughed, hand covering your mouth as blood trickled down your fingers.

"-your kingdom."

Your eyes flashed and All Might began to heal. You coughed again, but this time harder. Once All Might looked less pale and had more energy, you tiredly slumped and collapsed onto his bed.

"(Y/n), are you okay?!" Izuku grabbed you by the shoulders, shocked by the red stains on All Might's sheets. "Hey, wake up!"

You laid there, unmoving. Your eyes were closed, showing off the shadows of your eyelashes.

"GUARDS!!" All Might's strong voice resounded in the room.

He stood, his energy coming back. The guards came running in, shocked to see All Might standing.

"Help her and take her to the infirmary! Give her the best doctors there are!"

Izuku refused to let go of you and instead carried you to the infirmary. The guards took your brother to rest up. Izuku gently set you down on the bed, stroking your hair.

"Please get better." Izuku pleaded, "you have to get better."

"Young Midoriya." All Might told Izuku. "I want to tell you the truth of why I was sick. My heart was poisoned, like her."

Izuku's eyes widened as All Might turned to you, "Then...she got rid of the spell?"

"Yes. And I'm afraid she won't have enough strength."

"F-for what?!" Izuku was getting scared at the tone of All Might's voice.

"I'm afraid she won't be able to make it. If she's bedridden and unable to heal herself, no one can."

Izuku was suddenly scared, "No, no, no! She can't...she can't die! She said so herself..."

"Young Midoriya, that was just a bluff. She doesn't want you worrying about her."

"All Might...she can't die. Not yet! I..."

All Might ruffled his hair, "She may be powerful, but I'm afraid there are consequences to her healing."

Izuku remembered that the more you use it, the more cursed your life will be. He wanted to slap himself for being so selfish. He kneeled, holding your hand and resting it on his cheek.

All Might's eyes saddened and he left the room, knowing Izuku needed some time to himself.