53. No Heart To Refuse

Eijiro landed in front of the panting Katsuki. Katsuki wiped the sweat rolling down his neck as explosions and tremors were shaking the ground.

"So? Are they still there?" Katsuki demanded.

Eijiro raised his head and shook it, "I didn't find them when I visited."

"Shit!! And her brother?!"

"He stayed behind, he told me that they left to fight."

Katsuki tsked before turning, "Find them and hold them back."

"Okay." Eijiro had no choice but to find you and at least attempt to stop you.

Katsuki stared after Eijiro before grabbing his cape and draping it around his shoulders to return to the battle.

Eijiro jumped from tree to tree, looking around his surroundings. Finally, he stopped to find three people walking. He came a bit closer to see Izuku, Shoto, and you.

He gathered his strength and jumped, landing in front of you. You looked like you weren't surprised to see Eijiro here.

"Eijiro." You smiled when you met his eyes, "Good to see you okay."

Eijiro felt something different from you. You used to be filled with endless confidence but now, you seemed more gentle.

"Yeah. I...have to stop you from going any further."

"Why?"

"You're planning on fighting, right?" Eijiro stood and approached you.

"Yes, but I am not doing it to the death. I will merge with him and at a certain point, Shoto will stab our hearts. It's a split second, but I can survive."

"What if you don't?! What if somehow, something goes wrong?!" Eijiro tried to reason but he flinched when he felt your hand on his shoulder.

"Trust Shoto. I am putting my life into the hands of the people I trust, so it's going to be okay."

Eijiro placed his hand over yours and removed it from his shoulder.

"I'm still worried."

"It's going to be okay."

Your wings sprouted from your back and you hugged him. The wings gently wrapped around him, engulfing him in soft material.

"I promise you."

Eijiro's eyes glossed over, "You...better be fine. You have to be or else I won't forgive you."

"Got it." You patted his back before letting go of him. "This isn't a goodbye."

Eijiro smiled and ruffled your hair, "You're right. I'll see you later."

"Mhm. By the way, tell Katsuki that I'm mad at him."

Eijiro chuckled, "Yeah, I'll make sure to tell him that."

Then he left, swiftly jumping from tree to tree. You watched him go before making your wings shrink back into your back.

"Let's get going."

"Right." Izuku and Shoto walked alongside you, following you to the ends of the world.