52. Promises

A/n: I've been SUPER busy with school so I'm so sorry it's late

"I've never been in the sewage before but I'm glad I didn't," Shoto muttered as he dodged some mice coming his way.

"I used to live in the sewers before." You commented as you pulled your (skirt/pants/shorts) above.

Shoto and Izuku tried their best to look away before stopping when they saw you dip a foot into the sewage water.

"(Y-Y/n), you do realize the water is dirty?!" Izuku exclaimed as you turned around.

"Yeah. Just come in, it's not gonna hurt you as long as you don't let it get to places it can get in."

Izuku felt gross as he walked forward, the water swishing around him. Shoto stood there until he rolled his pants up to his thighs. Shoto wanted to stay there but he walked forward.

He tried to ignore the feeling of possible scat and slime attaching to his skin.

"Don't worry, we're almost there." You finally stopped at the entrance. You jumped down and waddled out of the water.

Izuku hoped the water wouldn't splash near his face. He jumped, quickly getting out of the water. Shoto did the same, getting out and grabbed a slimy thing latching onto his leg.

You ran forward, reaching a nearby lake.

"We should wash off. C'mere." You waved Izuku over, who obeyed easily.

You pulled Izuku into the water, who stumbled and almost fell. You slid your hands down your leg to get rid of the scat and slime.

Izuku and Shoto followed suit before rolling their pants back down.

"Now that we've gotten out of the sewage, I'm gonna tell you the plan."

You plopped down on a rock, resting your elbows on your knees.

"I'm planning to merge with All for One, but before I fully do, you must pierce his heart. It'll save me and kill him instead, even though our hearts are almost connected."

"So it's not fatal for you?" Izuku asked,  resting his hand over yours.

Shoto almost flinched when he remembered that Izuku also had feelings for you. He almost forgot about that. He connected the dots when All for One called them out and when Izuku agreed with his plan to set you to sleep.

"No. It may hurt but it can't kill me. It has to be quick, in a split second, or else it won't work."

"Leave it to me." Shoto said out loud, "I will stab it with my sword."

You smiled, turning your gaze on him."Yeah, I'm counting on you. If you miss or are too late-"

"I won't be." Shoto quickly replied. "I'm not gonna let you die."

"Thanks." With a smile, you raised your hand.

He raised his, feeling your pinky wrap around his.

"Pinky promise. No matter what, I'll try my best to survive." You promised, grinning.

"Yeah." Shoto nodded, squeezing your pinky back. "No matter what, I won't miss."

Izuku smiled even though he felt that squeeze in his chest. He felt selfish to take away this moment from Shoto. He didn't, he didn't want Shoto to feel underappreciated.

"Izuku." You turned to him, "Back Shoto up. At some point, I may blackout if I'm stabbed."

"I'll be there to catch you." Izuku nodded, "I'll always be there to catch you."

"Thanks." You smiled, knowing that the small chance you've given them was not a lot.

But they were still supporting you.

You'll probably die, knowing that you had great friends.