16. Feathers

Shoto's eyes fluttered open and he sat up. The sun was just beginning to light up the sky. A gentle pink and orange were in the distance.

He looked over to find your spot empty. He stood and heard someone huffing. He walked over and gently pushed side some tree branches.

You swung a branch like it was a sword. Your posture was firm and elegant like you've been using a sword your whole life. Shoto was pretty amazed at how you weren't hesitant and every movement was precise.

That was until you pointed the branch at him. You slightly lowered it while huffing.

"Well, do you need something?" You threw the branch in a random direction before sitting on a tree root.

"Are you a noble?"

You tensed up before nodding. "Yeah, me and my younger brother are of noble blood. We were pretty wealthy. I was gonna marry into the Todoroki family but my father was killed.

And then my mother. My greedy uncle took over and kicked us out so we were left on our own. It was a good thing, I could go into hiding with my healing, not having to depend on guards who are probably trying to get close to me to heal their families.

So we left, and then my younger brother was killed. That's that, I guess."

"Who was your fiancee?"

"Hm...I suppose it was you. Your father didn't tell you but I was supposed to be married into the royal family. My uncle got too greedy and didn't let us, I guess."

"Oh...sorry for your loss. Before, I probably would have rejected you as my fiancee."

"I figured."

"Ouch. But now, I wouldn't mind you being my fiancee."

"Why? What made you change your mind?"

"You're so willing to help, not like other greedy nobles that want power to themselves. You'd make a great queen."

"Thanks."

"Ahem!"

You looked up to see Izuku. "Hey, you need something?"

"I meant to give you this yesterday."

He handed you something covered with cloth. You grabbed it and inspected it. You unfolded it, wondering what it was.

A small blue gem laid there.

"The tear of God." You said as you grabbed it. "Interesting. You guys shouldn't touch it, it can burn your arm right off."

"Oh, then I guess we should warn Bakugo."

"Hah?!" Katsuki emerged from the trees. "What're you trying to hide?!"

"It's not safe to touch this. Your whole arm can burn off, this gift is not meant for anyone else."

"I'm not afraid of one god!"

You pushed it out of his reach. "I said your arm can get burned off!!"

"I don't give a damn!"

One single swipe of a finger and his hand began to turn black.

"SHIT!" You grabbed his hand and began to chant, your eyes becoming galaxies.

The black began to move and shrink into your arm. Feathers appeared from the black, stretching outward.

"This is why you don't touch things I tell you not to touch. Give me a dagger."

Katsuki gritted his teeth as he gave you his dagger.

"Don't look."

You stuffed a cloth into your mouth and peeled away at the feathers. One wrong move and you'll peel off your skin.

You grunted into the cloth and blood began to seep from your arm. Izuku and Shoto were trying their best to look away but curiosity got the best of them.

"Why don't you pluck them out instead?!" Katsuki shouted, plopping down beside you.

You sighed and pulled the cloth out of your mouth. "It'll feel like you're plucking limbs than feathers. It's less painful if I shave it."

"Don't fucking move." Katsuki grabbed the knife and skillfully began to shave your arm.

"Wow, you're pretty good."

"Shut it."