32. Poisonous Heart

Your eyes fluttered open, eyes adjusting to see a fancy ceiling. You sat up and looked around, finding the room too fancy for your taste. Katsuki was sitting on a chair, asleep.

Shoto was sitting beside the bed, sleeping. Izuku's arms lay on the bed and he was kneeling, sleeping. Eijiro was probably outside. And your brother...

You kicked your brother off the bed and he yelped.

"Ouch! What the hell was that for?!"

"Nothing." You replied and shook Izuku awake. "Sorry to disturb but..."

"You're awake! I'm so glad! You had us all so worried! You came down with a huge fever and you couldn't heal yourself!"

Shoto blinked awake after Izuku's yells.

"I see. Sorry for making you worry."

"She's fucking finally awake," Katsuki growled under his breath. "Now we can get moving."

"I'm glad to see you awake. You blacked out again so we had to make a detour and go to the Ice Kingdom. It's also a part of the Todoroki Kingdom."

"Oh, sorry. I must've held you back by a lot."

"Actually, it's been two days." Your brother rubbed his tailbone, glaring at you. "And you sound like a hippo when you sleep."

"I hate you. Anyway, shouldn't we get moving?"

"That's the problem." Shoto frowned, "Your heart is poisoned."

"My what?"

"Heart, dumbass."

"My heart was poisoned? How am I still alive then?"

"It's a magic spell that drains away at your life." Eijiro appeared on the window sill. "It's not easy to take it off."

You tsked and got slid out of bed, stumbling and hopping on one foot to stabilize yourself. You sighed and took a step forward before face-planting into the floor. Your brother began to laugh as you picked yourself up with your arms.

"Damn that hurt. Shut it!!" You got to your feet and walked back and forth. "As long as I can walk, we're fine."

"But still..." Izuku's grown deepened. "What if it impacts you?"

"It shouldn't impact my healing. Besides, something like this can't kill me, remember? I'm cursed and I have to live with it."

Your younger brother looked away since he knew it was a sensitive topic. "So...we going?"

"If (Y/n) is fine with it." Shoto stood, clenching his hands. "But we have to travel on foot, it's too unsteady to use a magic carriage."

"Got it." You nodded before shivering. "I need a jacket or something."

"Oh! Take this!" Izuku pulled a fur coat from his magic pocket that could store twenty things no matter their size.

He draped it over your shoulders and it reached to your knees.

"Thanks."

"N-no problem!" Izuku brightly smiled, a gentle pink covering his cheeks.

You mirrored his smile, your heart pounding a bit faster. You coughed and gripped at your chest. You panted, your heart feeling like it'll explode.

"(Y-Y/n)! Are you okay?!" Izuku patted your back and you nodded, fixing your posture.

"I'm fine. As I said, something like this can't kill me. We should head out as soon as possible."

"Yeah, whatever. As long as you heal the king."

You nodded.