Chapter 27.

Riley glanced over at his punishment book once again.

It had been a few days since he had seen Nikolai because he was studying for a test, which was today, and his daddy had to get back to work on his new club. Whenever he missed him the blonde would look back at his first punishment.

He had to write 'I will listen to daddy' 50 times then sign it with a 'thank you for my punishment daddy'.

He had also kept in touch with Emily and they made an arrangement to meet up later on in the day.

He couldn't wait to see her, they had become best friends in the short time they had known each other and he couldn't be happier.

"Riley, you in here?"

"Uh yeah, one sec"

He responded throwing the book under the covers of his bed before standing next to it.

"Come in"

A slightly annoyed Logan walked in.

"Hey"

"What's wrong?"

"Dad is hosting a charity ball and they want you to attend"

"Really?"

"Yes, he's just punishing you. He knows that you shouldn't be doing this shit"

"It's fine Logan"

"No, it's not. He wasn't like this before"

"Yeah, he's almost... Mean now"

"I'm sorry you have to go through this"

"You don't have to be, you didn't do anything"

"Exactly, there's nothing that I can do. I feel like I can't even protect you anymore"

"How about this, why don't you take me?"

"Oh no, I can't do that"

With a frown creasing his brows Riley tilted his head with a confused look.

"Why not?"

"I think you already have a date, by the way it's in three days"
Logan smirked before walking out of the room.

"What is he talking about?"
The blonde mumbled before shrugging and glancing at the time.

He jumped into action when he noticed his test was in three minutes.

Luckily he had prepared his desk in beforehand and was ready as soon as the instructor was.

An hour later Riley cracked his knuckles before making his way downstairs for lunch.

Both his parents were already there along with Logan. The table was filled with delicious food and his mouth watered at the sight.

Without much thought he greeted his parents before digging in, trying not to overeat and spoil his appetite.

"Riley has your brother told you the news?"

"What news?"
He mumbled over a mouth filled with half a chicken sandwich.

"About the ball, don't talk with food in your mouth"

"Oh"
He nodded in response quickly chewing what was in his mouth.

"Will you be going with Nikolai?"

"I'm n-"

"Absolutely not"

Everyone's attention turned to the man at the head of the table.

"Why not?"
Logan jumped in ready to defend his little brother.