Chapter Twenty Three - Safe From Heartbreak (If You Never Fall In Love)

I ain't a plaything
To make life exciting
I have feelings
Safe from heartbreak if I never fall in love

As weak as your wording
When you told me you're leaving
Like you don't have feelings
Safe from heartbreak if I never fall in love.

November 14th 2020.

12:10

Ethan had just left to return home seeing as he had to meet his mama and sister later on. I was currently cleaning the dishes from lunch while Damiano was outside swimming with Alessia as Nonna was resting up in the sun on a deckchair. 
Mum and dad had left to go out for some lunch, needing some time away from the house for a few hours. I was happy to let them do that seeing as I could see some sort of strain in their relationship recently. 
After I clean up, I pour four glasses of fresh lemonade that Ethan had prepared earlier and take them outside to the table beside Nonna's chair. She takes her sunglasses off when she sees me coming and smiles at me.

"Thank you sweetheart"

"No problem" I grin, taking a seat in the one next to her. I watch as Damiano and Alessia splash each other in the pool, laughing away. 

He was so good with kids, it made me broody all the god damn time. 

December 16th 2018

My period was late.  I hadn't exactly been feeling great either so I was very worried. Damiano had been starting to work later nights seeing as the band were being pressured to write a few more extra songs for the album which was very last minute and I was being swamped with university work so right now was not a good time to be worrying about any of this. 

I was sat staring out at the window in our kitchen with a strong cup of coffee in my hand. I was attempting to relax myself but it wasn't working. I wanted to find out but I was too scared and I was also trying to pluck up the courage to mention it to Damiano but every time I had tried the last few nights, I backed out. Because I'm a fucking pussy. My eyes glance to my phone that starts ringing loudly and just my luck... it was Damiano. I press accept.

"Hey baby, I finished up at the studio early so I'm going to grab us a pizza" I hear his cheery voice on the other end of the phone. 

"Can you buy me a pregnancy test?!" I blurt out, as soon as I said the words I covered my mouth angrily. Fucking hell. What a way to drop the bomb. 

"A.. pregnancy test?" He questions shakily. I clench my eyes shut and nod although he couldn't see me. 

"Yeah...my periods late. I've not been feeling too great either" I sigh as I hear him clear his throat.

"Okay amore, is there any specific one or.."

"No any will do, thanks baby. I'm sorry I didn't tell you" I apologize. 

"It's okay amore, I understand. I'll get it before I pick up our pizza... I'll even get a few sides just to cheer you up" I hear him chuckle.

"Thanks Dami, see you soon"

"See you soon baby, I love you"

"I love you too" 

I was so lost in my thoughts, I hadn't realized Damiano had gotten out of the pool and was making his way towards us. I snap my head up when I see he was now talking to Nonna, his body dripping wet with his hair slicked back. Damn... he was really something. I know he could feel my stare on him because he smirked mid conversation.

"Eve close your mouth, you'll catch flies" My nonna scolds jokingly making me flush red with embarrassment. I turn away as both of them laugh at me. Damiano sits down on my deck chair and pulls me onto his lap cutely.