Chapter Thirty Eight - I Know You.

I believe, I believe there's love in you
Gridlocked on the dusty avenues
Inside your heart, just afraid to go
I am more, I am more than innocent
But just take a chance and let me in
And I'll show you ways that you don't know

Don't complicate it
Don't let the past dictate

Yeah, I have been patient, but slowly I'm losing faith
So please
I know you baby
I know you baby
So please
I know you baby
I know you baby

I believe, I believe you could love me
But you're lost on the road to misery
And what I gave to you
I could never get back

Don't complicate it
Don't drive yourself insane
Yeah, say what you will but
I know that you want to stay

So please
I know you baby
I know you baby
So please
I know you baby
I know you baby

Chemicals rushing in
I know it's you that I belong to
I'm burning like a cannonball in the air
Crashing into who I belong to.

*SMUT WARNING*

No. I wasn't letting him go again. 

I hear the sound of his car start up and I quickly get up from my spot on the sofa, rushing to the door in fear he was actually going to leave. I pull open the front door to see his car speed away quickly. 

"Damiano!!" I shout desperately but of course he doesn't hear me from his car. I look around helplessly and run a worried hand through my hair. I knew where he was going, I knew he was going to stay with his Nonno. I had heard him and Nonna talking about it one night while I was getting a drink from the fridge, I heard him tell her that if things didn't improve with him and I, that's where he would go.

They lived at the complete other side of Italy, there was no way I could let him do that. Especially not in this weather. The sky roars loudly as the once white clouds turn black and the rain begins to fall heavier than I had ever seen it fall. 

I rush inside and grab my keys before rushing back outside, jumping into nonna's car as quick as possible. I didn't even shut the door behind me, I was so desperate to get the car running. Once I reach the gate, I close my car door and speed down the road while looking around for any sight of Damiano's car in the busy groups of traffic that were starting to form.
This couldn't be happening. I slam my wheel aggressively with my fists in rage before turning my car completely down the other empty road, planning to catch him off on the streets I'm hoping he's gone down. 

Damiano used to drive both of us down to his grandparents all the time from Nonna's so I was praying I remembered the route or else I was driving for absolutely no reason whatsoever. 

July 17th 2018.

"My nonna's so excited to see you" Damiano smiles over at me briefly from the drivers seat as I hold our hands on my lap. We had been driving for the last seven hours and I could see we were both starting to feel the tiredness of the travel, I was constantly having to force Damiano to pull into petrol stations just so I could pee and that's happened around eight times already. 
Damiano's grandparents live in Sicily which is quite the drive from where we lived in Rome but seeing as we both hadn't seen them in a while, we thought we would take a road trip down for the weekend. 

I was so excited. I loved his grandparents. Damiano and I were lucky enough to actually get on with each others families which made everything so much easier. Every Christmas we would all merge together and take turns at one another's house. Two years ago we all went to my Nonna's house, a year ago we went to his family home and this year it's at ours so there is extra pressure on us this year but of course I'm really excited about the whole family being in our newish apartment seeing as we've not had everyone altogether in a while.