Chapter Two- Wicked Game.

The world was on fire and no-one could save me but you
It's strange what desire will make foolish people do
I'd never dreamed that I'd meet somebody like you
And I'd never dreamed that I'd lose somebody like you

No, I don't wanna fall in love.

I walk into the entrance of the airport at exactly eight-thirty in the morning, rolling my suitcase along the spotless floors to see the airport was completely deserted. I guess not many people were flying out on holiday in November. Not that our trip was exactly a holiday.
I stop when I reach the luggage check-in and glance around briefly to try and find my family. Two seconds later, my parents turn the corner with somber looks on their faces as my sister comes into view looking cheerful. Mum and dad didn't want Alessia knowing that nonna may be dying seeing as she is so young and would get very upset by the news so I had to keep it to myself for the time being.

"Eve!!" She shrieks in excitement, running over towards me at full speed. Man, I had missed her. I hadn't seen her for the last two months seeing as I was stuck at work all the time and she had just started primary school. Alessia's six years old now but she acts as if she's a teenager, it's crazy.

"Hey bug!" I grin, lifting her up and swinging her around excitedly. I hold her for a few more seconds before placing her back down and wrapping my arms tightly around my mum, knowing she was struggling to hold it together. 

"It's all gonna be okay" I reassure her quietly, kissing her forehead before turning to give my dad some love.

"Evie, Evie look what I've brought!" Alessia exclaims excitedly. I glance down from over my dads shoulder to see the familiar teddy bear in her hands.

"It's Freddie bear" I sadly smile, remembering the day Damiano bought it for her while we were out shopping in the main town two years ago. 

"She's hasn't stopped asking about him ever since you returned to Scotland" My mum smiles softly, rubbing my shoulder. 
That's why it was hard to forget him. My family loved him so much he became one of us and now all they can talk at is all the memories they all made while I try not to listen, being reminded of the pain I felt when I came home to that empty apartment with only a piece of paper to go by. No goodbye at all. 

"We should probably go through check-in, I want a coffee before we board" I change the subject, taking my little sisters hand as I guide her over to the front desk.

......

The plane ride went pretty quick, I had managed to get a longer sleep than expected. Alessia and I played with a few of her barbie dolls that she had brought in mum's carry on bag for the last quarter of the trip. 

At eleven-thirty we arrived and my dad rented a car for us to drive up to nonna's villa/ cottage kind of thing, it's hard to describe but it's beautiful. I loved how private it was and how it was only a short ten minute walk to the town Centre, I grew up having the best memories there and some of the worst. 

Two years ago my Nonno passed away in the villa from a heart problem and it shook us up pretty badly.

"Nonno?" I whisper cautiously, watching him stir in his sleep from his bedside. I take his hand softly and lean forward, brushing his hair that was sticking to his sweaty forehead. My nonna wakes up softly to the sound of his grunts and follows my actions, taking his other hand.

"Amore mio" She trails, trying to get his attention. His eyes open slowly and widen at the two of us in surprise for being so close to him.

"Sorry, was I snoring again?" He mumbles weakly, clenching his eyes in pain as he tries to shuffle further up the bed. 
"Sì tesoro" My nonna nods, lying to benefit him. Damiano and my mother walk in with cups of coffee in hand to keep us awake for the long night ahead of us.