Chapter Thirty Three - Shut Up And Let Me Go.

This hurts what I can't show
For the last time you have me in bits
Now shut up and let me go
For fear of living in regret
I've changed since from when we first met
Now oh so easily you're over me
Gone is love
It's me that ought to be moving on
You're not adorable
I want something un-ignorable
I ain't freakin'
I ain't fakin' this.

12:00

I open my front door confidently after returning from my walk way earlier on in the morning. I guess I needed quite a few hours alone, I was happy I did it though. I felt like I could finally breathe freely again.
I glance into the sitting room to see Damiano was sitting on the couch with his head in his hands with empty bottles of wine surrounding him. I frown slightly and take my shoes off at the front door. I walk through to where he sat and collected the bottles he was stacking up which gains his attention, making him glance up at me. He looked like he hadn't slept a wink, well I guess that made both of us.

"Where did you go?" Is the first thing he asks, his voice was hoarse.

"I got some air" I respond quietly, picking up the last bottle. "Where's my family?"

"They went away for a couple a night or two... Nonna said something about giving us both space. I think she sensed something"

"She always does" I shrug as I walk out of the room. I place the bottles into a plastic bag and rest them on the cupboard door handle as I pull out a bottle of wine from the rack right next to it. If you can't beat them, join them.

"What are you doing?" I hear him ask from the arch of the door.

"What does it look like Damiano?" I sigh tiredly, twisting the top off and sipping the wine straight from the bottle. He nods slowly and shoves his hands in his pockets before walking over to sit opposite me at the table.

"Thomas has invited us both over to his house party tonight... if you want to go of course" Damiano mumbles without looking over at me which made it more awkward than it already was. I hadn't slept  but maybe I could sneak in a nap before going... I just wanted to drink and forget all of my problems just for the one night, that wasn't too much to ask. Fuck it.

"Yeah, fine" I nod shortly, standing up from the table with my bottle of wine. I walk away from him and begin to head upstairs to take a well deserved nap.

17:50

I finish applying the last of my makeup as the sound of Damiano's voice yells from downstairs.

"Are you ready?!" I'll be ready in my own god damn time thank you very much. I stand up from my makeup table agitatedly and check my outfit in the mirror one last time.

"Eve!!!" I hear Damiano shout once again

"I'm coming! Give me a fucking minute!!" I respond angrily, man he was really starting to get on my nerves. I throw on my heeled boots and grab the bottle of wine I had taken upstairs previously, downing the rest of it until it was empty before grabbing my phone and rushing out of my room so I wasn't to annoy the celebrity any longer. Although the least he could do was wait seeing as he had his lips on some other bitch's mouth last night... oh the pettiness. I don't think I've been petty since high school.