Chapter Thirty-Seven

San starts to come to consciousness with the biggest, most excruciating headache he's ever experienced in his twenty-two years of life. As he attempts to open his eyes, his vision is blurred horribly, and when he tries to lift his hands up to wipe them, he's unable to. He can feel the crusties from his watering eyes around the corners, and as much as he tries, he cannot move his hands -- or his arms at all to fix his sight.

Are they asleep...? They do feel rather numb, San's barely awake mind thinks, trying to come up with a logical answer.

As he continues to struggle, he hears a clunking sound on the wooden planked floor. San blinks his eyes repeatedly, the haze slowly clearing away to see various gardening tools hanging on the walls around him. He looks down at his legs and they seem bent funny to him, but when he moves his torso, they do move correctly. He just can't feel them.

Why is it so hard to feel any of his limbs?

Fuck, it is so cold...

San looks down at his side, expecting to see his arms that will guide him to seeing his hands, but they're not there. They're behind him, rubbing against the wood, and his wrists are strapped by chains that lead to the wall behind him. There's no equipment back there, only a wheel that has the chains strung on it to be able to give slack and restrain it with just a turn of the wheel.

San's head won't stop aching and his vision is coming in and out, making it hard for him to focus on why he can't move his arms and legs. They feel as if they're going to fall right off of his body at this rate. With how cold it is, and the lack of insulation in this... shed?

His thoughts just keep repeating. His mind isn't all here. It's not clear, not at all.

Things start to dull for San again right when he hears the faint sound of talking from outside the wooden building. He can only barely feel his torso, and he notices it start to shake in violent shivers as his eyes close back to where they were, not having to worry about clearing them completely anymore.

Not for now.

"Jae, I need you to come here right now," Minhee says gruffly into the phone, kicking gravel out from under his foot as he glances back at the shed, "Something went wrong."

"Wrong? Wrong? With what, Minhee?"

"Your son. He knows what I did back then, Jaehan," Minhee explains, "And I won't let your fucking bastard of a son expose what happened, alright? Once a Twilight member, always a Twilight member. Get here now," Minhee says, an edge coming to his voice, "I need your help. He's your son, after all."

"Min- What the hell are you-," Jaehan takes a deep breath, "San, right?"

"Mmm..."

"What the fuck did you do, Minhee?"

"What I needed to do. Just like then. Just like you did, remember?" Minhee chuckles softly, "I haven't done anything to him yet, you know... But... Things can change in a matter of," He lights a match audibly into the phone, "Seconds, isn't that right? Isn't that how you did it in your year, Jaehan?" Minhee flicks the match onto the ground and rubs it out with the toe of his shoe.

"I'm on my way, goddammit."

"Jisung didn't like you much after that incident, did he, Jae?"

"Don't drag Han into this, I haven't spoken to him in years."

Minhee laughs, "I wonder why... It's a miracle he even accepted your children into such a prestigious college like his. He's always been quite kind, has he not?"