Chapter Three

"A personal pick of mine would be that new soccer player. He's damn good, isn't that right, Seonghwa?"

"He's decent, I haven't spoken to him much."

"We'll have to change that."

"I was also looking at him, so you're going to have to get along, Seonghwa."

"I get along with everyone, there's no need to worry about that one."

"Even if they're threatening your position on the soccer team? I don't know if I'd be so friendly if I were in your spot, in all honesty."

"Soccer isn't a big deal."

"Alright then, Song Mingi it is."

꘎ ♡ ━ ꘎ ━ ♡ ꘎

Yunho takes his seat along with his mother in the church pew, the second one from the front to be exact. His father always called it to be the best seat in the whole church, perfect for hearing and seeing, and right behind the choir. Yunho should be sitting a pew higher, but no one protested when his mother wanted him to stay and sit with her instead after he first joined the church choir.

"Are the Kang's going to just barely make it once again?" Yunho's mother asks, a tone of bitterness to her voice that Yunho doesn't appreciate.

"They're never late," Yunho says softly.

"They might as well be," She responds, and the church doors open to reveal a restless-looking Kang Yeosang behind his parents.

"Hey, Yun," Yeosang mumbles as he sits down next to him on the pew, his parents sitting next to Yunho's mother and making conversation happily as if his mother wasn't just speaking ill of them.

"You look rough, Yeosang," Yunho says honestly, "Are you feeling okay?" He knows that his friend must be heavily hungover from the night before, but he's always impressed how well Yeosang manages to hide it. He's become so skillful at applying makeup to hide his decisions from the night before that it's scary.

He could probably cover up any blemish if he's that good at covering emotions.

"Good morning everyone," Pastor Kangmin begins, a smile settling on his face when his eyes rest on his wife and son, "Today I'm going to start by asking you all a few questions to think about."

Yunho gives his father a subtle smile before turning his attention back to Yeosang, whose eyes look broken. The more Yunho thinks about it, the more he realizes that he's seen Yeosang drunk or hungover more than he's ever seen him sober and clear-minded.