Chapter Six

San rested his left hand atop the wheel of his '69 Camaro with his right shifting gears as he speeds up, his eyes focused on the road for once, "I've got a new part-time job this year," San chuckles, "Yun, could you-"

"Get you a cigarette, I know, San. You act as if you don't ask me every time we're in the car together," Yunho smiles, already having the pack in his hands as he pulls out one of the long sticks, looking it over before he leans and slips it in between San's lips. His eyes linger on San's lips, remembering the time a few years ago when he first kissed him.

San's lips were soft, but he could tell he had been biting on them since he could taste a bitter iron when their lips met. Yunho will never forget that moment. He realized he was still staring and then turned his head to look out the window as he rests back into the seat, "What's your new part-time job?" Yunho asks, wanting to get his mind away from kissing. He hadn't kissed anyone since San have him his first.

The look on San's face twists up devilishly, "I'll be a professor's assistant," he blows smoke out the window, "Professor Lee's assistant," he smirks.

Yunho shakes his head and sighs, "San..."

"It's going to happen this year, Yun. He accepted me as his assistant, that means something. He totally wants me too, so I'm going to have to amp up the charm."

"I don't understand what you see in that creep," Yunho mumbles under his breath, crossing his arms across his chest.

San frowns, "He is not a creep."

"He is, and if he accepts your advances, he's even more so one," Yunho groans, knowing that his jealousy is showing, but he can't help it. It's not just because of San. Professor Lee has always given Yunho bad vibes. It's definitely not just because of San...

The car stops moving as San parks and he leans on the steering wheel and gazes over at Yunho, a dopey smirk on his face, "You almost sound... Jealous, Yun," he teases, but the accusation causes pain to develop in Yunho's chest.

Yunho scoffs and tries to find a comeback in his mind, but he just clumsily unbuckles himself and opens the door to climb out, "Let's just go get our food... We have to get back."

San clicks his tongue, "Damn, Yun, come on don't be like that."

Slam!

Yunho is already walking into the restaurant, the door closing loudly, when San is scrambling to get out of his car and catch up with his best friend, "You know... My job starts when we get back."

"So does mine."

"You're still working at the museum?"

"It's really more like a library, but yes. It's peaceful there," Yunho smiles. He's always liked some nice peace and quiet in the middle of his school days. It can be exhausting being around San's antics all the time, Yunho thinks to himself but then chuckles. No, he'd never get tired of San.