•Chapter 14

O C T A V I A

O C T A V I A

I guess my biggest fear set in, as i was sat in the hospital bed playing with my fingers i was nervous. I never wanted them to find out about my childhood.

My family sat around me as i sighed debating on how i would start this, I would only tell them what they needed to know. Which meant i was missing out a huge chunk of how i got to where i am today.

"Just promise me you wont hate me when I've finished telling you this" i said, refusing to look at any of them

I started from the beginning explaining what they already knew. We all know i got kidnapped at aged 3 yet no one knows who took me. My brain refuses to resurface that information. 

With my eidetic memory i was able to retell every single detail, from the metal chains i woke up in all the way to the first time William spoke to me. Every word he spoke, engraved permanent into my brain.

I stopped my breathing becoming shaky, this was the first time i had ever told someone the whole story. My friends only know bits and pieces of what i endured for the first part of my life.

My family had yet to say anything, watching as i calmed my self down so i could finishing retelling my childhood.

Explaining how it started was harder than i thought, the memories i tried so hard to repress had come back up and i hated every moment. All the abuse, punches, kicks, screams and begs for help were replaying as i carried on.

And that was only the first couple of years.

I stopped to allow them to process the information, i could feel the tears starting to prick in my eyes but i didn't let them go.

"Is that all or is there more?" Dante asked warily

I chucked drily before responding

"Oh brother that was the first 2 years of my life with him"  I answered

Nothing about this was funny. For the first 2 years of my life with William i was trapped inside a cell that was small, cramped. All alone for two years, being tortured until i was let out.

I was 5 or 6 when he let me upstairs and out of the basement he kept me. He used me as a trophy,  i was being shown off and told what to do. 

The look on his face the first time he hit me was something i will never forget, his face never shown an ounce of remorse, he was spiteful and hated me from the minute i got taken.

"It's okay princess you don't have to carry on" whispered Nicolo as he stroked my hair in a comforting way, he had moved to sit by me

"I do its time you know what happened anyway" i replied breaking down

Now was the hardest part, I had lived upstairs with William for a few years with him hitting me and more everyday. That was until i turned 9, that's when he took the only thing i had left.