Chapter One

Grinning, I walked the halls of my high school. It was finally spring, and spring led to summer, and that summer would lead to college. I was on top of the world.

Today, the halls were filled with a strange smell. Not strong enough to warrant immediate confusion, but strong enough to smell after a few minutes. I didn't have time to be confused when I saw two of my peers slam into the lockers, kissing and groping each other. I quickly shielded my eyes, keeping my head low.

As I approached my locker, I grumbled. Paperjam was vaping while leaning against his locker, which was right next to mine.

He was a fairly short guy with short black hair and freckled brown skin. Like always, he was wearing his stupid girly pink hoodie and blowing out vapor. 

"You shouldn't do that at school!" I snatched his vape pen out of his hand, making him look up at me. I couldn't see it before, but I quickly saw how red his face was under his pink hood.

"Shut up you fucking prude!" He tried to grab it back, but I held it above his reach. "Give it back, tall-ass!"

"You're not legally old enough to have anything that allows you to consume nicotine!" I lectured. "You're only eighteen. Besides, this stuff is really—"

After a fist hit right into my stomach, I gagged and doubled over. I'd dropped the small vape pen on the ground, in which PJ picked it up.

I glared at him as he grabbed me by my collar before taking a big puff in. He pulled me close, making me think for a second he would kiss me. He blew his puff into my face, making me cough and gag.

"Keep it to the school assemblies," he said as he took in another's puff.

I couldn't help but stare at his lips. They looked so soft. Now that I was noticing it, he was actually really cute. He had thick eyelashes and even his short hair looked girly. From his soft lips to his elegant eyes to his button nose and his stupid face and his messy hair, he looked like a girl. A pretty girl, at that.

He was especially cute for a guy who acted all high and mighty because everyone believed he was just the 'good' son of one of the hunters.

I knew the hunters were what protecting us from wolves, but I still felt like their families were let off with everything because of it.

'I probably never noticed he was so cute because his nasty attitude,' I concluded.

PJ suddenly bit his lip in a really sexy way before pushing me away. "I gotta go."

I watched as he hurried off, unable to help but check him out a little. Once he was out of sight, I realized how weirdly I was acting. I mean, I was looking at his lips, thinking about how cute he was, glancing at his ass! He was a guy, and I was a guy, so I knew I shouldn't have been feeling that way.

I shook my head. 'He's just a bitch. A really cute bitch with a really cute ass. It's not like I'm gay or anything! It's just because he looks like a girl!' I lied to myself.

I opened my locker, but I just couldn't get him out of my head. I could still smell his stupid vape. I could practically taste it on my lips.

I closed my locker once I got my stuff. I started walking to my next class, praying that God wouldn't let me be distracted by PJ and his seductive ways.