Chapter Twenty-Seven

"Thanks for walking me home, Fresh." Cinnamon smiled sheepishly, tucking some of her pale blonde hair behind her ear.

"Oh, it was no issue. Walking alone can be dangerous for a girl, and I'd hate if anything happened to you."

She blushed more. "That's so sweet."

"Well, I should be going now. Goodnight." I started to leave.

"Before you go..." Cinnamon gently grabbed my shirt, pulling me in. She leaned in, trying to kiss me.

I heard a rustle in the nearby bushes, although I knew the foxes were just making noises. But every time I heard a rustle in the bushes or trees, I thought of PJ.

Just the thought of kissing her the way I'd kiss PJ made me sick to my stomach. I quickly pulled back from her, gently pushing her chest as well.

"I-I'm sorry, I can't..." I shook my head, unable to bring myself that low. I already felt regret for going on a date, instead of being there to hold and caress and kiss my PJ.

"Come on, no one'll know." She stepped forward again.

"I said no." I kept her a fair bit away, not wanting to taint my lips with hers after already going too far. "Goodnight, Cinnamon."

"Come on, just a kiss!" she insisted, trying to entice me by playing with her dress. But to me, I just couldn't enjoy a woman's body.

Wether I liked it or not, I was gay. She was a pretty woman, but I didn't like her like that. I could never like her like that.

"I need to go." I didn't know how I sounded to her. Probably how any guy who just realized his sexuality and needed to get home before the guy he loved left would sound.

I turned around and ran for it before she could stop me. Despite my attempts, I got there too late. My room had no one, and the window was wide open.

I tried to text PJ, but it seemed none of my texts were going through. I panicked. I didn't want to go over there, since it was so late and it would be suspicious.

Eventually, I gave up. I turned off the lights and laid in bed, hoping PJ would be at school. I would tell him how I felt, even if the whole world was watching. I couldn't even sleep with my nerves.

'What have you done to me?' I thought. 'You had to make me fall in love wth you.' I teared up. 'Now I need to fix things so we both can stop feeling empty.'