Chapter Forty

"Hey, can Fresh stay over for the night?" I could hear PJ ask as him and his dad did the dishes.

"No," Error responded without hesitation.

"Come on, please?"

"Are you trying to get pregnant again?"

"Of course not. I just wanna spend some more time with the love of my life and father of my baby. Pretty please?" I could practically hear the puppy eyes.

Error let out an exasperated sigh. "Fine."

He poked his head out of the kitchen. "You sleep on the couch."

"No! He can sleep in my room with me and Cil!" PJ quickly objected.

"Oh, it's so much trouble, then I can just go home and return in the morning," I said, starting to get up.

"No!" Cil and PJ objected.

"You can sleep with me in my room." PJ gave his dad some glares.

"If I stay, I'll sleep on the couch. I don't mind it that much, and I don't want anyone to get mad at me."

"Good choice," both fathers advised.

PJ walked into the living room, sitting next to me. "You don't have to keep the peace, you know."

"Well, if I'm staying over, I'm a guest, and if I'm a guest, then it's just best to not irritate the hosts." I shrugged it off. "I really don't mind. I think your couch is ten times better than my current mattress."

PJ giggled before noticing how dark it was getting. "Ooo! I should show you how cute Cil is when he's a wolf!" PJ gently picked up Cil from Ink, opening the back door.

The toddler was pleasantly surprised, and suddenly looked up from his toy.

PJ went outside, walking onto the grass of the backyard and basked in the moonlight. It seemed both he and Cil were enjoying some time outside in the dark.

"That's enough, you'll get yourself seen by a neighbor," Ink quietly called out.

"Come on, dad, look at how happy Cil is." PJ didn't move.

Ink went out there, although he quickly realized he'd been baited out. He grumbled and grabbed PJ, dragging him inside. Ink's brown ears were pressed against his head, and he seemed more than just displeased.

"You look so cute, Kiki~" Error cooed when he saw the state his husband was in.

"Not another word of you're sleeping on the small couch!" Ink huffed.

PJ and Cil were giggling, thinking it was funny.

Like PJ said, Cil was adorable in his wolf form. He had a small, incredibly fluffy tail, and two big fluffy ears. He was the fluffiest definition of adorable I'd ever seen.

"Look! Look!" Cil pointed at his big ears before pointing at PJ's. "Our ears are same, right?"

"Now, Cil, you don't need to look like me. You look perfect the way you are, no matter what." PJ kissed his head. "And I think it's time for bed, hmm?"

"Nu!" Cil huffed. "I wanna stay up!"

"Come on, Cil, don't act like that." I gently pet him. "If you don't go to bed on time, you'd be grumpy in the morning, and then we won't be able to play. I don't what you to be grumpy, and I know it isn't nice being that way."

Cil whined. "Just a little longer?"

I glanced up at PJ. Since we were going to start up a relationship again, it was best to be together on decisions like this. I didn't want to intrude and say yes when PJ said no.

When I saw PJ shaking his head, I looked down at Cil. "I'm sorry bud. But I promise to spend lots of time with you tomorrow, okay?"

Cil huffed, looking at from me to PJ and back a few times. "Pretty pretty please?"

"No, it's incredibly late. Say goodnight to Fresh, okay?" PJ put his foot down, gently, of course. 

Cil huffed but accepted it. He held his cat toy tighter.

"Goodnight, Cil." I gave him a kiss on the forehead.

"I kiss." Cil motioned with his free hand for me to come closer. When I did, he kissed my head in a similar way, before gently pressing his toy's face on my forehead as well. "And Kitty too."

I pet the stuffed cat, which seemed to appease Cil.

"Night night!" Cil happily yipped, wagging his little tail.

PJ's parents said goodnight as well, also giving and receiving little kisses from the toddler. Crescent had said goodnight as well, although Cil seemed to get in the mood for sleep from all those goodnights and started yawning.

"We're gonna head up to our room," Error said, starting to go upstairs.

"Call if you need anything." Ink gave us both a nice smile before following.

"Yes sir," I responded.

"Wow, you are such a suck up." Crescent rolled his eyes at me.

"They're PJ's parents, and they hate me. You don't have to get on their good side."

"Yeah, I didn't get their son pregnant and then push him away."

I growled. "You seem really hung up about that. I know I made my fair share of mistakes, but Cil is a wonderful child, and I can't in the right mind even call him one of them."

"He's a wonderful child because took your place and helped PJ raise this kid!"

"What do you want, a reward? You helped your friend raise a toddler, and that's a great action, but when you talk about when PJ was pregnant with him, you seem like you resent him!" I glared at him. "I'm sorry that it was difficult for you when you agreed to help him, but I'm not sorry that I'm coming back to fix things."

"What's going on?" PJ asked as he walked downstairs.

"Nothing. Just a discussion." I stood up, going over to PJ and gently holding him. I took the opportunity to give him a gentle kiss on the lips, since Cil didn't allow the action.

"Real quick for a kiss, hmm?~ You must miss being able to kiss me whenever, don't you?~" PJ hummed, his tail wagging.

"Of course I did. And I definitely miss that cute voice of yours~" I cooed back, reacting to rub his hips and thighs.

Crescent loudly cleared his throat, making PJ remember that he couldn't have all of this just yet. I, grudgingly, moved my hands from PJ's thighs, keeping them to myself for the moment.

And soon, the three of us were having a conversation. We were all waiting each other out, none of us wanting to be the first to fall asleep.

If I went to bed first, PJ would be able to talk with his best friend a bit more casually, and Crescent would be able to talk trash behind my back.

If PJ went to bed first, Crescent and I would have more time to banter, and it was taking all of our willpower not to get snippy in front of him.

If Crescent went to bed first, PJ and I would have the opportunity to make out a little before sleeping, and we could even cuddle a little.

And so, the game of patience was played.