Chapter Twenty-Three

Everything was great. It was actually kinda fun to fuck PJ until he could only speak the truth. It was nice making him confess every afternoon and evening, getting him to moan about how much he loved my dick and all. Not to mention all the time I had on weekends with him.

And it wasn't just sex. I mean, we would cuddle all the time and play video games together and kiss. Not to mention when we'd do all three. Him in my lap as we both played, occasionally finding time to smooch.

And then there was all the time we spent cooking and baking together. PJ was a quick learner, and I enjoyed every second we spent in the kitchen. We'd made a cake and brownies and even macaroons the latest weekend. We learned so much from each other, and each time he was in my kitchen, I couldn't help but feel happy and ecstatic.

I started to feel more than horny, and when I was feeling this, it was amazing. But every night, when I was lying alone in my bed because he always had to leave before ten, it made me feel awful.

When PJ went long periods of time without sex, he always said he felt empty while gesturing to his stomach. I also felt empty when he wasn't around, but it wasn't in my stomach. My chest felt empty when he'd leave. There was an emptiness filled in by a weight in my chest when he'd leave.

As much as I liked PJ and spending time with him, I didn't like this feeling. It was nice and fluttery when he was around, but when he'd leave, it was just empty. The emptiness was unpleasant. I cried some nights, I admit, hugging a pillow and wishing it was PJ.

A locker closed right next to me, making me stop thinking about the emptiness in my chest.

"Oh, hey PJ." I smiled.

"Hey." PJ leaned against his locker, giving me a cocky grin.

God was that a cute smile. I just wanted to—

"Oh, what's this?" PJ knelt down, picking up a small piece of paper near my feet.

"Oh, that must've fallen out when I opened my locker." I shrugged. I hadn't noticed it, since I was a total zombie when I was zoned out.

PJ looked over it, his cute round face showing sadness as he realized what it was before disguising that sadness with a malicious smirk.

"It's a love letter!" he pointed out, looking at the wax sealed envelope, turning it over to read the cursive words on the back. "For Fresh's eyes only! Dude, you better not be sleeping with her too!"

Despite his joking tone, I could see a glimmer of worry and sadness in his eyes. "Come on, why'd I need to sleep with other girls?" I gently took the envelope. "You're the only person who's made their own spot in my bed."

PJ blushed brightly. "T-that was so gay... j-just read the fucking letter."

I gently pulled open the wax seal, opening the envelope and taking out the letter. It was in such neat cursive, I needed a moment to adjust my eyes for the challenge. This letter looked like it came from centuries ago.

"Dearest Fresh,

I have had a crush on you for a while now, and I decided that before the school year ends, I wanted to confess my feelings for you.

For the longest time, I would steal glances at you. I've been hiding my feelings for too long, and I want you to know before we are both swept away by our different universities.

I don't have the courage to tell you in person, but I hope you accept my feelings.

Please meet me tomorrow at La Scène du Renez-Vous, a restaurant downtown. I'll be waiting from 7 to 8. The reservation is... for two. I hope you'll show up, since I do think we'll have a great time.

If you decide to arrive, then we can have dinner there. If not, then I won't contact you again because of my feelings.

Yours truly..." I didn't read who signed off, half because it was the fanciest-written word and half because I didn't want to out whoever wrote the letter, since she had the courage to confess, in her own way.

"You need help reading it or something?" PJ grabbed at the paper.

"Nah. I'll let her stay anonymous." I tucked her letter back into the opened envelope, placing it on the top shelf of my locker.

"You're... you're not going on that date, right...?" PJ had that worry and sadness in his eye again.

"Of course not!" I chuckled a little. "Come on PJ, I'm not the kinda guy to sleep with one person and then go out on a date with another. You can trust me."

PJ blushed, realizing he was acting more like my lover than my friend with benefits. "Whatever! It's not like I care!"

"PJ," I said softly as I pet him. "It's okay if you're a little jealous. It's normal to want someone you care about all to yourself."

PJ started storming off. "I don't care!"

I chuckled as I closed my locker, starting to walk to my first period.