Chapter Nineteen

As much as I'd been snickering at how PJ huffed at me and limped a little around the school, I looked around for him after school to make it up to him.

I noticed he was talking to a taller guy as I made my way outside, so I quickly started making my way through the crowd.

My heart was racing. I couldn't believe what was happening. My mind jumped to every horrible conclusion imaginable. By the time I was close, I was prepared to fight this scrawny geekish asshole. Cheating was the only thing left, and I wanted PJ all to myself!

"Hi!" I almost growled as I got out of the crowd, looking at the guy. When he looked at me, I could tell he was immediately on edge due to my aggression.

"Fresh! Meet my older brother!" PJ exclaimed, too excited to see my jealousy.

Older brother. Of course. The guy was a little tall, sure, but he was skinny and tried to hide it in a hoodie and sweatpants. I should've known by the similar faces and hair and skin. I mean, he had oversized fucking glasses! I was ridiculous to think this was the kinda guy Jammy would cheat on me with.

Not that we're exclusive, or anything. We weren't dating. I was just in it for the sex, and so was he. If this nerdy embodiment of social anxiety and insecurity was someone he was hooking up with, and not his brother, then I wouldn't care. We aren't dating. I wouldn't get jealous. I don't care.

"H-hi..." he finally spoke, snapping me out of my thoughts. He sounded like I was gonna hurt him or something. "I-I-I'm G-Grad-dient..."

"Nice to meet you Gradient!" I grabbed his boney hand, firmly shaking it. "I didn't know PJ had siblings!"

Gradient shyly took his hand back. "Y-yeah, um, he's the b-b-baby of the f-family, s-so really, h-h-he's the o-only b-brother left in t-this town..."

"So I'm guessing you two have a big family!" I stepped back, subtly grabbing PJ by his hip and pulling him closer. I knew Gradient noticed, and PJ definitely did as well, but luckily, it must have run in the family to not speak up about something unless necessary.

"Yep. A big sister and three older brothers." PJ pulled away from me. "I hope you don't mind, but I was planning on spending the afternoon with Gradient, since he just came back from college."

I nodded, knowing when to take my leave. "No prob!" I leaned in, planting a kiss on his cheek. "See you!"

I turned and left before PJ could get mad that I did such a reckless display of affection in front of his brother. I was a bit nervous, yet excited, for that evening.