Chapter Thirty-Seven

"You need to explain that." I gently led PJ to his bed before having him sit down. I sat next to him, so he didn't have to look at me when explaining it all, since it could be an uncomfortable conversation. "First, I want you to explain to me... how did all of this even happen?"

"Okay, well, first, I was born intersex. I had a surgery as a baby to make me fit a more biologically male body, and the doctor said that if they were planning on raising me as a male, I'd have to have some hormones during puberty so I'd grow up to just be a normal dude," PJ explained, looking forward at the wall. "I had the talk with my parents when I was twelve, and that was when they told me that I wasn't technically normal. Despite everything, I insisted that I wouldn't have testosterone, even if it meant my hormones would all be weird and stuff throughout puberty. My dad, Ink, said it's probably why my heat was so weird, since things can't always be black and white, and I ended up in that grey area."

"And you got defensive every time I treated you like you were a girl because you didn't feel like a 'real' man and my feminization of you only made your insecurities more real to you." I felt even worse. Not only was I a dickwad, but I was a lowkey transphobic dickwad

"You talk like a therapist." PJ chuckled a little.

"I've been talking to one for a while, it was bound to happen." I shrugged. "You can continue. If you want."

"Right... so because I refused testosterone, my puberty was weird. I felt what guys and girls felt, and it made a confusing time more confusing. I questioned my gender, and when I was sure I felt like a man, I started to question my sexuality. I quickly realized girls just weren't what I liked, and it started getting really awkward in the locker rooms, as you probably know."

"Oh yeah, that..." I felt a little uneasy remembering it. I grimaced, remembering how weirdly comfortable everyone was in the middle school locker rooms. "That was gross."

"That was how I found out myself. Sometimes, your classmates need to flash each other for you to realize you're gay, you know?" he joked, although everyone, the flashers included, hated remembering that time. It was awkward, embarrassing, and so gay in the worst way. "And I guess I tried telling myself it was normal for a guy to like other guys. I tried to save my crumbling masculinity during high school, but when I experienced my first heat... I had to accept I was just different. And you made me feel feelings that confirmed those thoughts. And your words, even if unnecessarily mocking, forced me to realize that as well. You pointed out that I just wasn't normal, and I guess after my parents burying that fact with sugar my entire life, I finally accepted it. It's not a bad thing, after all."

I nodded.

"And, as you could guess, because I was born with male and female reproductive systems, I ended up getting pregnant during heat. I guess because my parents said that the doctors made my body more biologically male, I assumed that fucking like dogs without condoms every day wouldn't do anything, besides make a mess I had to clean up." PJ tucked some hair behind his ear, awkwardly looking to the side. "But to my surprise, not long after you dumped me to go to therapy, I started getting sick. I didn't tell my parents, but I did tell Crescent, who already knew about the whole intersex thing."

"Hold up, I know this is a bit rude, but your friend got to know about it, but the guy were hooking up with doesn't until four years after you give birth to his child?"

"In all fairness, we were hooking up for two months, and I'd known Crescent since we were two." PJ huffed. "Besides, I didn't trust you not to make fun of me for that."

"Fair point." I sighed. "Okay, my apologies, please continue."

"Like I was saying, I told Crescent after we broke up about everything. I was so sick and confused, I needed someone to talk to. So I explained how we were hooking up and how everything was because of you. Like the collar I hid with scarves, and the leggings, and the dress. I also confessed to him that I started wearing feminine underwear for you, although those were the only things he didn't mostly see." I nodded along, remembering when he'd done those things. "Hell, I even told him I stopped vaping for you. It was the one thing he admitted was for my best. But other than that, he was majorly pissed at you, since you kinda used me as a... toy, and left once I didn't need your dick to stop unbearable psychological and physical pain."

"I can see how my leaving could've been misunderstood..." I muttered.

"Yeah. I tried explaining to him you left because you were using and abusing me, but in his mind, your leaving wasn't showing your first step to recovering, but instead yet another act of abuse. But he got me a pregnancy test and it came back positive. So I took four more. And then we went to the doctors in case it was because of testicular cancer and not because I got pregnant." He giggled a little as he said, "I was relieved to see it was just a baby, and not a tumor. But seriously, I was also really worried, because what would I tell my parents? The nice guy I spent so much time with was actually my dick appointment and he got me pregnant? So I went off to college, four months pregnant. I looked like I was just a bit chubby, although I couldn't hide it forever. I called them when I was five months pregnant and found out I was having a boy, finally confessing that I had dealt with heat with someone. I told them you were just helping me hide that I was hooking up with them, so they wouldn't get mad at you. They understood and helped me through the last few months of pregnancy, all while I was at college. I just told people I was trans, since it's technically true."

"How... how did you give birth? Because... uh..."

"I had a c-section," he answered. "It was my only option, really. I have a uterus, but no opening."

"Oh!" I nodded in understanding. "And... were you born a werewolf? Is Cil a werewolf? Are your... are your parents werewolves? Is your entire family werewolves?"

"Wow you have a lot of questions."

"This is the most appropriate time to ask, since you were already here to explain the truth to me."

"Alright." PJ smiled with a sigh. "Ink is a werewolf, although he's just a FtM trans man. Long story short, Error was in very similar shoes to yours when he tried going hunting on the wrong day."

"I do not want that mental picture." I grimaced. "And... people always said he had a knack for bringing in dead werewolves when he was younger. So... uh, does he—"

"He used to kill wolves and werewolves, although I guess after having a kid with a werewolf, he started to be more careful with what wolf-like creature he shot, since he saw the human side of them. And all of my siblings are werewolves, since it kinda gets passed down."

I nodded. "So Cil's one too, right?"

"Yeah... he's so cute when he has his little ears and his fluffy little tail." PJ smiled. "You should stay the night. It's the cutest thing."

"Lets run that through your parents first, okay?" I smiled. "Of course, you could always stay in my apartment after the summer, after I get to bond a little with Cil."

PJ smiled. "You really grew up."

"I didn't let go of someone as perfect as you to not change for the better, my dear." I gently took PJ's hand, gingerly placing a kiss on his knuckles. "I did tell you I had to better myself for you, right?"

"You did. I remember it clearly." PJ smiled. "And you kept every part of your promise."