11.

With the club recently being renovated, I have all the time in the world to hang out with Cherry. Flirting with her is the best, watching her cheeks glow rosy red or the way she avoids eye contact with me. I know she feels something. Derek said he had to swing by the post office so we have the apartment to ourselves and I decide to go for it. 

"Can I ask you something?" 

She looks over curiously "Hm?"

"What do you think about lesbians?" 

She's clearly taken aback by my forwardness. I watch her closely, studying her every move. "Well, I support them. I just don't know any personally" she finally answers. I rise from the couch and walk towards her, trapping her against the kitchen counter. "You don't?" I slightly raise my eyebrow. Her chest slowly pumps up and down, lips slightly parted. I'm tired of the games, now's the time to really show her who I am.

"If I kissed you...Would you stop me?"

I wait for an answer. Her eyes scan me up and down, faces inches apart. "No..." I finally hear her whisper and that's all I need. Cupping her face in my hands, I place my lips on hers and instantly melt in. The kiss starts out slow but quickly grows intense. I pick her up, her legs wrapped around my waist, our boobs squished together. I smirk, she's not wearing a bra. "Can I?" I mumble into the kiss.

"Mmm," she hums. So I slip my hand under her shirt and play with her boobs, squeezing, pinching and stroking. She's panting slightly, her body wiggling. I carry her over to the couch, laying her down underneath mine. We continue to make out, things getting steamy until the phone rings. I pull away breathlessly and she smiles at me. 

"I had a feeling you were gay," she says.

"With ladies like you, it makes sense" I wink and she blushes. 

Running my hand through my hair, I get up and answer the telephone. 

[reader discretion is advised, the next part is about a racial attack in the 60s]

I speak for about ten minutes, I can feel Cherry watching me. When I hang up and come back to her, she immediately wraps herself around me. "Who was that?" She asks in between kisses on my neck as I move my hands to her lower back. "Mandi, she was asking about Derek but I haven't heard from him for a while" I reply, my body relaxing. 

We're engaged with each other mentally and physically until there's a crash at the door. I snap my head, the sight of a bloodied Derek laying on the floor. "What the fuck-!" I quickly but carefully move Cherry off me, running over to him. He's beat real badly, nothing I've ever seen before. "What the hell happened?!" I'm fretting hardcore, cradling Derek in my arms. 

"T-the white men" he coughs a little blood. He doesn't need to say anymore, I already know and so does Cherry. I look at her with the darkest eyes, not because of her but because I'm boiling angry. "Stay with us Derek" she pleads, rushing about and grabbing a medication kit. He's bigger than I am but I persist, carrying him into our shared bedroom and laying him down as he winces.

"Who did this?" I demand. 

"I-I don't know" his voice is soft-spoken "Don't worry about it."

I slam my hand on the table hard. "I am fucking worrying. Do you know how much I love you man?! T-to think these fucking racists can get away with it I will kill them!" I scream, almost getting into a rage. Cherry runs into the room and holds me as I burst out crying. I feel useless, defenceless that I couldn't help my own best friend in a time of need.

Cherry takes care of us both, making sure I don't leave and do something stupid whilst we nurse Derek together. I feel my hands trembling, I want revenge. She gently lifts up my chin and gives me a kiss right in front of Derek who flashes a smile through the pain. "Least there's a happy ending for one of us" he chuckles but it doesn't sound hearty. I slip his hand in mine, resting my forehead upon his. 

"Believe me, Derek...I ain't happy until we get you justice."