32.

A week later

I stare at the cup of tea that's been left untouched for the last ten minutes. It's quiet in the house, Derek is out running errands and Cherry is still sleeping. The mid-day hours leave me tangled in my thoughts, I can't focus. Maybe it's the giddy feeling I can't get rid of that's unsettling me.

"Y/n?" Cherry's voice tears me away from my daze.

Her hair is sticking up wildly, a yawn passes through her lips before she can stop it as she takes the seat beside me. "Why don't you head down to Cabaret Alcove?" She asks. "Cherry...I don't wanna be a dancer anymore. I only ever did it for you" I reply, avoiding eye contact. She doesn't take any offence to it.

"You can do whatever you want to, all that matters is that you're happy"

"I'm happy with you, okay? I'm tired of feeling like I'm going to lose you, Sherri"

With her delicate finger underneath my chin, she lifts slightly so we're looking at each other. That face, I could never get bored of staring at her. Even when she just wakes up, she appears as radiant as ever. I can't remember what life was like before we met, all I know is that I want her forever.

Cherry leans in for a kiss. Sweet yet fiery, her hands clasped around my neck. I pull her into my lap, her legs dangle either side of my waist. I smooth my hands up her spine and back down, occasionally squeezing her. "Mmm," she mumbles against my lips. When she pulls away, I can still feel her lingering on me.

"Here's what I want you to do," she tucks a strand of hair behind my ear "I want you to go and talk to Audrey about a new job position. It'll make you feel better and then we can celebrate later tonight" she smiles. "Celebrate how?" I grin. Cherry whispers in my ear and I get turned on right there and then.

"Can't I just have you now?" I whine.

"Later baby," she teases with more kisses before getting up and stealing my tea. I watch as she saunters away back to the bedroom before I finally rise from my seat. The sooner I get this done, the quicker I can have her to myself.

---

When Audrey hears of my arrival, she hastily summons me into her office. "It's been a while Y/n. How are things with you?" She greets, our eyes lock. "Just peachy keen" I don't want to tell the truth "There's something I'd like to talk to you about if you have the time."

"Go ahead," she checks her watch.

I hesitate for a moment, unsure of how she's going to react.

"I wish to resign as a dancer, it's not for me if you comprehend. But if I may, I'd like to apply for another position?"

Audrey clears her throat, she wasn't expecting me to say that. "I suppose we could swap you 'round. The only other available position is a set designer. They work closely with Arthur in the workshop" she tells me. I take into consideration the pros and cons before delivering my answer, "I'll take it."

She nods, pulling out a few papers. We go over contracts and sign signatures for the next hour or so. "You know Y/n, I must say-" Audrey places her pen down, tapping her nails against the wooden desk "-I admire your boldness, truly I do" she breaks into a small smile.

Mrs Audrey Preston, smiling at me? I never thought I'd see the day.

"Thank you, ma'am. I appreciate it," I nod.

"Don't let me down" her face falls into its usual deadpan expression. That's the boss I know.

With that over and done with, I'm eager as ever to get home to Cherry.

---

"Babyyy" I call out, closing the door with my foot. All the lights are on so I know she's here despite not receiving a response. "I did it! I told Audrey I want a new job and she was actually nice about it" I chuckle, kicking my shoes off. When I still don't hear anything, I assume she's fast asleep again.

I mill about the kitchen aimlessly, stealing a few of Derek's sweets. I probably should leave her to rest but my urges take over and I find myself heading towards the bedroom. "Cherry wake up, you promised me a good time" I open the door to see she's not in there. I can't help but frown, she didn't tell me she was going out.

A faint noise from the bathroom catches my attention. "Okay seriously what're you up to?" I knock on the bathroom door. It swings open the tiniest bit but I wait for a response out of respect in case she wants complete privacy. 

"Baby are you in there?"

Nothing.

I knock once more "Cherry-"

"Oh she's in here alright"

That voice, I pause before busting the door wide open.

There Cherry stands with her mouth covered with tape, her arms tied against the shower pole and tears soaking her flustered cheeks. Beside her stands Angela, a chainsaw in hand and a sinful smirk plastered on her face.