28.

I take a sip of my drink, my eyes settle on Cherry who sits across from me in the not so busy cafe. We managed to sneak out whilst Angela works a shift. "I'm sorry we ended up in this situation, truly I am" she begins, it takes her a while to find the right words. "Who knew we would both mess things up" I laugh but nothing is funny, I guess I figured trying to make a joke would make things less awkward but it doesn't.

"He reminds me of Bob,"

"What?"

"The boss, he reminds me of Bob"

"So that's why you're dating him" I sigh, piecing it together. She's into boys again, boys that specifically remind her of her dead ex. "We're not dating, he just kisses me and stuff and calls me names but we haven't gone official nor do I plan to" she insists, swiping her hair out of her face. "So what do you plan huh, Cherry?" I reply. "I-I don't know Y/n" her words fall slightly shakily.

She's put on the spot and she knows it.

I can't help but fiddle with my fingers. It's too much to process. 

"Should we...Take a break?" I dare to suggest, drawing in a sharp breath. Cherry's eyes widen, she looks horrified that I even said that. Believe me, I don't want to just as much as she doesn't but I have to put my mental health first. "Maybe a break will be good for us, I care about you deeply but until we can sort out this mess, we should wait."

I watch as she ponders. She taps her nails delicately against the table and after a few minutes pass, she nods in agreement. "As long as you promise not to leave my side."

"I promise"

She smiles, gosh that smile. Makes me melt every time. 

"What are we going to do about Angela? You weren't lying when you said she's crazy" Cherry says. "Beats me, she belongs in a jail for all I care but that won't happen" I sigh heavily. I notice Cherry staring at me with a grin that slowly etches across her face. "What?"

"Maybe we can send her to jail! We just need evidence that she's a horrible person"

I think about it. The chances are low in my opinion, it's not often you hear about a female being locked away. "Won't they just shun us?" I doubt. "It's worth a shot Y/n. You know I'll do anything for you" Cherry reaches out and holds my hand in hers. The feeling of comfort waves through me. 

I lean forward and whisper "You're right. How do we do this?" 

She leans close too, "We can set up a video camera in your room and it'll catch everything we need as long as we don't get caught" then she waits for my reaction.

"Cherry Valance" I plant a very small kiss on the back of her soft hand "You are a genius."

"I'm not that much" she brushes it off playfully although her cheeks glow a faint apple red.

I just really hope our plan will work.