25.

Las Vegas

Home sweet home.

Sitting here on the train reminds me of the time Derek and I left here to move to New York in search of new beginnings away from our families. Mine disowned me for being gay and Derek decided he didn't want to follow his father's footsteps as a miller. A hand on my lap draws me away from my thoughts. "Aren't you excited honey?" Angela smiles calmly. "Mm very" I reply quietly.

The train eventually comes to a halt at the platform. With only a suitcase between us, I follow her out of the station, down the busy streets and towards another motel. She chats away but I only pretend to listen for I don't care what she has to say. I'm too busy planning to outsmart her. When we arrive, we spot a gaudily attired elderly man standing behind the desk sorting through files.

"I'd like one room please with a king-size bed if you have any" Angela greets, tossing down wads of cash upon the counter. I raise an eyebrow with suspicion about how much money she has. The motel worker directs his judging gaze between us. "Are you sure you don't want separate beds?" He responds bluntly. "Just give me the key" Angela purses her lips disapprovingly at his question. 

The man scoffs and hands over a single key with the number seven on it. She grabs onto my hand and forces me along eagerly. Our room isn't too shabby but I would rather be anywhere else, specifically in Cherry's arms. I know she's here somewhere and if I get this right, we can be together again. Sure, my guilt sneaks into my mind about the almost cheating but I block it out.

"Wonderful, we can find a job together and work hard and find a new house" she swoons dreamily, falling onto the large bed with an effortless bounce. I take a seat at the small vanity in the corner. "Don't you want to meet other ladies? Explore the world and live carefreely?" I intend to fill her head with new ideas but it doesn't work.

"Oh goodness no, we're going to settle down together silly,"

Jeez, she's fucking insane.

"That sounds...Nice" I try to sound gleeful but my disgust seeps through. Angela props herself up onto her elbows, staring at me deeply. "You don't want to be handcuffed again, do you?" She taunts, I vigorously shake my head. "Good, now c'mere" she orders. Like a robot, I rise from the chair and join her on the springy king-size bed. We're face to face but I don't see that kind, pretty lady I met at the bar.

I see a psychopath.

"Do you want to know why we came here of all places?"

Not really.

"Sure,"

"My family lives here! When I think you're ready you can totally meet my mama" beams Angela.

In my head, I'm gagging. As if things can't get any worse and she already wants me to meet her family, I bet they're bat-shit crazy just like her. I force a fake smile, I can't get on her bad side if I want to escape any time soon. "I've been contemplating too-" I eventually reply. She flashes me a look of interest. "-Maybe we could get jobs as dancers? There's many- I mean I've heard there are many clubs in Las Vegas."

She taps her chin thoughtfully.

"We'd look so hot dancing together! You're a genius darling" with no warning she leans in and kisses me. I don't fight back, what's the point? She'll just handcuff me again and things will never change. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to play it her way for now. I feel her hands slide under my shirt and squeeze my boobs, I squirm at her grubby touch. "Shhh" she mumbles but I back away.

"Not yet! I uh, I want our first time to be special" I say flustered, hoping she doesn't catch on. 

"You're so cute. I'll be waiting" Angela winks, I sigh in relief.

Cherry baby, I'm coming for you.