29.

With the camera set up secretly in the corner of the room, I flash Cherry a thumbs up from the window. From the ground below, she nods and blows me a kiss before walking away down the street. 

All in good timing too because the minute she disappears around the corner, Angela comes in through the door. "Finally you're back! You're not avoiding me are you?" She greets, placing her bags down. 

I don't answer right away so she repeats her question.

"I'm just doing the usual, working and all" I shrug. She flashes me a small smile. "Look, I know it must be tough here but once we save up enough, we can buy somewhere really nice okay? You can even have your own room if you want."

I freeze for a moment. Sometimes she says things and I think to myself...Maybe she isn't so bad after all or what if I gave her the benefit of the doubt? But when I look at her, all I see is the girl who ruined everything for me. 

She's being too sweet, telling me about her day and giving me compliments. If the cops saw that, they would never believe any of my accusations so I decide to take a risk.

"Look Angie, we should talk" I gesture to the bed. She sits down and I don't hesitate to let out how I'm feeling.

"I want out, okay? I don't love you, I never will love you and I promise you that no matter how hard you try to break me down, I will always get back up. You're a manipulative psycho and I want nothing more to do with you!"

The look, I couldn't ever forget that look in her eyes. Dark and uninviting, her fists clenched. "Just when I thought you were finally doing good Y/n" she gets up and locks the door "I gave you everything and still you continue to disrespect my love for you."

"Love?" A small laugh escapes from my lips "You don't know the true meaning of that word."

"It's that ginger, isn't it?" She scowls. 

Of course, it is.

"It isn't anybody. I'm doing this for myself" I say firmly. 

Calmly, she reaches under the bed and pulls out a bat along with handcuffs. "You know, I really hate that it has to be like this" she fake pouts. "Angela put down the bat. Let me leave without any trouble and we can forget this ever happened" I try to compromise.

"You know Y/n. if you never attempted to cheat this would've never happened. But since I met you, I couldn't possibly ever let you go" she shakes her head. "Why?" I demand, slowly backing away. "You're the only other girl who loves girls, don't you see? We're different but totally made for each other" she steps closer.

"Do you even hear yourself? You will find someone else Angie but I don't want to be with you! What can't you understand about that?"

She suddenly erupts "NO YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!"

Angela races towards me swinging the bat. My heart is racing and my head feels like it's going to explode as I do the best I can to protect myself, mostly hiding behind a chair. The bat gets caught and I have the opportunity to shove her away, which I take.

Her back connects with the wall just near the camera, a knot in my throat forms but she's too oblivious to notice the lens. I shout and beg her to stop this madness but my pleas fall on deaf ears. Never in my life have I ever come across a person so delusional. 

I grab hold of her wrists and get up in her face. "It's game over!"

With adrenaline rushing through me, I knock her out with a single punch. My knuckles will probably pay the price for it later but now I just have to get outta here. Whilst she's out cold on the floor, I grab the hidden camera and make a break for it.

Down the stairs, out of the motel and down the street. 

I run, faster than ever. I weave through crowds of strangers and call Cherry's name, she's waiting nearby somewhere...At least that's what she said. "Cherry I-" I accidentally run into a man, the video camera is knocked out of my hand and into the busy road.

Without thinking, I step out in a daze, cars swerving and blaring their horns but I'm not so fortunate. I'm pulled back to safety and forced to watch as the video camera is crushed to smithereens. All my evidence is gone just like that. 

"You okay missy?" Someone asks.

Simply, I turn to face them and say "No. I'm gonna be a dead girl."