19.

"Sign here."

With a sigh, I scribble my name on the paper with my bagged belongings held underneath my free arm. I'm finally free to leave the station after spending two days in a crummy cell of concrete and metal. I crave nothing more than the comfort of my own bed and to see the one person who makes me happiest.

I head down the steps and spot the familiar beige car parked up. There she is, perched up pretty against the car door, her dress flows lightly in the wind and her luscious curls are kept neat underneath her sunhat. She hasn't noticed me yet, her fluorescent eyes are distracted by the city life. Like a mouse, I approach stealthily until I'm close enough for Cherry to hear me. 

"Missed me, darling?"

She turns her head.

"Baby!!"

I open my arms to become engulfed with her warm body. I'm smothered in kisses all over and sweet compliments are thrown my way. I take in the moment, holding her ever so tightly. Only now do the weight of my actions hit me. "I'm sorry Sherri," I breathe out. "I'm so glad you're okay! I was worried about you" I watch as the tension leaves her body. "I won't let you down anymore, I promise," I say with full intention. She nods and I put her down. "Let's get outta here," I say, opening the door and dashing my belongings into the backseat.

I decide I'll drive home, it's the least I can do. As Cherry climbs into the passenger side, an officer walks by. I latch onto the subtle wink he flirts with and to my confusion, she blushes and winks back. "What was that about?" I ask, turning the keys in the ignition. "Oh, nothing baby. Let's go home it's been a long day" she brushes off. I thought the drive home would be one of celebration but instead, we sit in silence. What I just saw is buggin' me, she knows it by the harsh frown on my face. Was she simply just being nice or is there something I don't know?

When we reach home I kick my shoes off at the door and head straight into the bedroom, throwing my bag of clothes into the corner. "Are you hungry? I can cook" Cherry calls from the kitchen. 'Apparently not as hungry as you are for men' I'm so annoyed but don't release it just yet. "Whatever" I call back. I crawl into bed with a heavy sigh, oh the joy of being on a soft mattress again. I've never appreciated something so materialistic until now. Letting go of my stress for the slightest of moments, I take a nap and let the world melt away.

---

"There you are, you must be exhausted" Cherry greets me as I slump into the kitchen chair. She serves a plate of spaghetti bolognese, the piping hot steam drifts up to my face and scolds just for a second. We begin to eat with no conversation, just the clattering of cutlery and the slurping of pasta. The nap didn't seem to relieve me from my caged thoughts completely. "What was that about earlier? The wink and the blushing?" I bring it up. Cherry gives a small smile. "I told you it's nothing" she brushes off once again but I'm not having it. "I know what I saw. Did you cheat?"

She quickly shakes her head. "No no! I just-"

"You just what?" 

"Well, I had to bail you out somehow"

"How? What did you do?"

"I didn't-"

"Just fucking tell me, Sherri!"

My explosiveness catches her off guard and she looks a little overwhelmed. "I just...Flirted a little so you'd be released early. No kissing and there was barely any touching. Mostly an exchange of flirty words. He did offer me a date but I'm not going, no of course I'm not. I just did it so I could have you back."

I sit there gobsmacked, the fucking audacity.

"So you're a cheater huh? I go to jail for two god damn days and already you're leeching off the men who put me in there!" I scream, I didn't mean to but I do. Her eyes brim with tears. "No Y/n, you don't understand! You would've been put on trial for attempted murder if I didn't bail you out!" She excuses but I just don't want to hear it. "That doesn't mean you can just flirt behind my fucking back!"

"Y/n, I did it for you! I did it for us okay? Why can't you see that?"

"Yeah right. If you want a dick just say it and be over with cause once I walk out that door I ain't never coming back"

She tearfully grabs onto me.

"I want you, only you!"

A part of me wants to believe her but my bad thoughts take over.

"Then you wouldn't have done that shit, would ya?"

With that, I pull from her grasp and head to the bedroom to pack.