31.

"Y/n? Wake up"

I roll over and mumble, swatting at whoever is pestering me. "Cmon, wake up!" The voice speaks again. It sounds almost like...Derek? My eyes gradually flutter open and he's leaning over me. "I'm dreaming, aren't I? I miss you," I fumble with the bedsheets confused as to where the hell I am.

"You're not dreaming, you're home" Derek scoops me up into a big hug. I start to become more aware of my surroundings and realize it's true. "How did I get here?!" I cling to him. "You passed out at the station from dehydration so Cherry called me to pick you up" he explains. Staring at his face, I notice he's grown a beard. 

"It's been so long" I glance around my bedroom. Derek hands me a glass of water and says "Tell me everything! You've been missing for weeks upon weeks and then all of a sudden I get a call to say you're alive. I thought you died!"

I take a sip of water before telling him everything, every little detail. From the night I met Angela to the torment that followed after. Derek's face crumbles into a harsh frown, his fists faintly clench. "I knew it! I told the police that she might have had something to do with your disappearance but they didn't believe me. Said a beautiful lady couldn't be capable of something so heinous."

I get up and pace around. "She told everyone I'm gay! Boy, you should've seen the mob that came after Cherry and me" I pause "Where is Cherry?" So Derek smiles and replies "She's in the kitchen safe and sound, don't worry."

Sure enough, when we head out of the bedroom, we find Cherry sitting at the table with a bottle of wine in hand. "Ain't it a bit too early?" I kiss her head and take the seat beside her as Derek joins us. "It's never too early when you're this stressed" she takes a large gulp before looking at me "She's gonna come back Y/n, I have a feeling!"

"I know" I sigh. I wouldn't put it past Angela to not give up.

"Well if she does, we'll be ready" I watch as Derek gets up and grabs something from the cupboard. A baseball bat to be precise. "I don't think the police would be on our side if they found a pretty blonde lady knocked out in our apartment" I hesitate, thinking of the bad outcomes.

"Well then what do you suggest?"

"I say we forget about it! She doesn't know where we live and quite frankly I'm tired of giving her my time. I just want this all to be over" my voice quivers even though I try not to sound upset. Cherry places her hand on mine and squeezes lightly. "I agree, maybe we're just overthinking it right?"

"I just can't lose y'all again, okay? Mandi and I were worried day and night" Derek says. I pull him close and give him the biggest hug. "We're best friends, you ain't ever gonna lose me" I reassure. He nods but I can tell he's still a bit doubtful. "You know, Audrey has been asking about you" he suddenly breaks into a smile.

I roll my eyes "I'm shocked she even has a heart."

Derek chuckles. "You're loved more than you ever know Y/n."