22.

4 weeks later

To my darling Y/n,

I miss you. How are things back in New York? I hope you and Derek are doing okay. My audition went well, I'm just waiting to hear back to see if I got the job or not. Here's a picture of the costume, it's adorable, isn't it? It kind of reminds me of Audrey's outfits.

I wake up each morning in a bubble of excitement but then I remember you're not here with me. I miss your soft touch, the way your voice cheers me up. Your smile brightens my day. I don't think I've ever been so in love before, let alone with another woman.

I must get going now but before I do, what were you trying to tell me at the station? I couldn't hear you over the mighty ruckus of the train.

All my love, Cherry xoxo

---

I put the letter down after reading it aloud to Derek. "Well, she said that she misses you so that's a good thing," he says. I take a sip of my drink, listening to the hazy chatter of the bar and wondering how my life ended up like this. "I hate communicating via letters, they take forever to arrive," I reply. Derek chuckles. "You're a fiery one Y/n," he carefully steps down from the stool "I need the toilet, I'll be back."

My glass quickly empties. No matter what I do, I can't stop thinking about Cherry. It's like she's almost haunting me. I don't even know what we are right now. "What can I get for you?" The bartender questions. "The usual, make it strong," my response sounds so robotic. I'm lost in my thoughts until someone catches my eye. A female, slightly older to be exact. It's her luscious blonde hair, curves for days and a cheeky smile that draws me in. I watch as the mysterious stranger approaches me.

"What's a girl like you doing here by your lonesome?"

"I could ask you the same thing,"

She holds her hand out.

"Angela Hewitt," she introduces herself and takes the seat next to me. "Y/n Y/l/n at your service," I reply. For even the slightest of the moments, I forget about the world. Just like Cherry once did, Angela has me in a trance. All the men gawk too, querying what a female like her is doing sitting with a girl like me. Derek returns a minute later and by his expression, I know he's flashing me subtle warnings. I shouldn't do this, I can't.

My urges take over.

"Are you single ma'am?" I ask her. She nods before leaning close and whispering, "Are you one of the gays too?"

My breath catches in my throat, I'm a little hesitant but I nod back. "Could you tell?"

Angela laughs. "Oh honey, with sensual eyes like yours I can tell. You look like a girl that wants to have fun" she smiles. Before I can reply, Derek cuts in. "I'm gonna head home. Don't do anything stupid," he says to me before giving a polite goodbye to Angela, he pulls his hat on and leaves. "Is that a friend of yours?" She chats. "Best friend. He's real charming," I answer.

I watch as Angela takes my glass from my hand and sips the alcohol. Her eyes never leave mine once and I gulp nervously. For someone I met merely ten minutes ago, she's making my heart pump faster than ever. With one leg crossed over the over, I notice she's wearing a lace stocking through the split in her skirt. That's hot.

I'm so distracted I forget about Cherry's letter that's clasped in my hand. "May I ask what's in your hand?" She peers curiously. I force a smile and crumple the letter, shoving it into my pocket. "Oh, it's nothing. Just a work form," I lie.

What the fuck am I doing?!

"You're mysterious Y/n. I like it," Angela winks.

I pinch my arm to remind myself that this is reality, not some dream. A hot chick is 100% flirting with me right now and I'm letting it happen. It's not cheating if Cherry isn't here...Right? 

I don't even know what we are right now.

"How about we get out of here?" She offers. I pause for a moment. Derek warned me not to do anything stupid. Out of anyone she could choose, Angela is interested in me. A beautiful lady like herself wants me! It's an offer I can't refuse. "Sure," I reply coolly. As we leave the bar, the men are clearly jealous and annoyed. It's a boost to my ego. 

But as Angela and I walk down the street, I can't help but wonder if I'm making a huge mistake.