Chapter 15

Tutoring.

"They are good-looking than your face." I smirked, not looking at him as he placed small kisses in between my collarbones and neck.

"You didn't say that exactly in front of your brother." He turned me around and pecked my lips, slowly transforming the innocent kiss into excitation.

"Haider, we need to work." I moaned, annoyed that he still keeps interrupting me while I'm trying to say something.

"Our Urania is obsessed with scores." He laughed and got away from me, pulling me to his dark and neat bed. Once I sat on the bed, I felt comfortable and lay on the soft mattress.

"Get up, if you can finish this up, I can give you a reward." He nudged my feet, I looked up at him and saw his reading glasses on his eyes, making him look like a sexy nerd.

I propped myself up with the help of my elbows and watched him taking out old books from his closet, he pulled out books that were from his junior year and I quickly took a peek inside.

"Straight As." I commented with a whistle as I flipped the pages.

"You will get an A if you work correctly, especially when you have a handsome tutor next to you." He said and sat next to me, I rolled my eyes and opened my textbook of maths.

"What are you struggling with?" He asked while flipping the pages his textbook.

"Quadratic polynomial functions."

I didn't get an answer for a moment, I glanced at him and saw a bewildered look on his face, making me wonder why is he looking like that. No, but seriously, those functions are hard to understand, I prefer arithmetic and geometric sequences which is easy to achieve.

"Urania, this function is the easiest thing to understand. I don't get it, how is it that hard." He frowned.

"I don't get the concept."

-skip this moment if you don't like maths.

"The most important thing to know is that in algebra, a quadratic function, a quadratic polynomial, a polynomial of degree 2, or simply a quadratic, is a polynomial function with one or more variables in which the highest-degree term is of the second degree." He explained, showing me the work that he did during his junior year, I nodded and looked at the beautiful handwriting.

"For an example, a univariate quadratic function has the form of f(x)=ax ²+ bx + c means a≠0
in the single variable x. The graph of a univariate quadratic function is a parabola whose axis of symmetry is parallel to the y-axis, as shown at right." Those words coming out of his mouth, speaking Chinese.

"If the quadratic function is set equal to zero, then the result is a quadratic equation. The solutions to the univariate equation are called the roots of the univariate functio—"

"Stop! I don't fucking understand what you're saying." I exclaimed abruptly, he looked at me with his reading glasses resting on his nose.

"Alright, if you can't understand the definition, I will try to show you and explain how they work. So a quadratic is a polynomial function, meaning that it involves only non-negative inter powers or positive integer exponents of a variation in an equation like the quadratic equation." He said, showing me the formula, each function has a graph expressing its significance.

-ok it's done.

Alright, I think I will get this when a hot young man is teaching you instead of your old ugly teacher, those hot people who can motivate you to learn algebra. People who don't fail in maths is because their teachers are either good, hot or young. Unfortunately, mine is ugly, old and stern.