Chapter 39

tw : rape 

"Fuck, Urania. You scared me." I woke up just a minute ago from fainting, Haider was using the autopilot as he took care of me. Apparently, I fainted and he was going to take me home, well his home. We reached his house and he turned off the ignition.

"I'm sorry, Haider. I ruined our date." I said sheepishly but he shook his head and held my hands.

"Don't worry, baby. Your health is the most important part." He kissed my knuckles, one by one. I blushed and moved away from him. We moved to his room and he went to the bathroom to change his suit, I opened the window that delivered the beautiful night.

I sat on the cold concrete of the balcony, contemplating Haider's garden. I tried to take some deep breaths, the night was going superb until the violin sounds interrupted my first date.

I heard his footstep coming close to me, I wiped quickly the silent tears that fell on my cheek.

"Urania?"

"Yes?" I turned to Haider who gulped and closed the balcony then came forward to me, sat in front of me.

"What's wrong? What happened?" He asked with his eyes full of concern, I shook my head off.

"Nothing." I repeated the word, the word that helped me during my whole life. I looked up to see my handsome boyfriend who frowned deeply.

"Something is going on? That violin—"

I started to panic under his eyes, he realized his mistake and held me close to his chest. Gently with his fingers, he threaded my hair.

"Breathe...please, breathe for me, baby." He ordered and I listened to him, trying hard to catch my oxygen. I gulped and cleared my throat, I lifted my head up from his chest and took one deep breath.

"You don't have to tell me." Haider said quickly, not wanting to hurt me but I had to do it.

If I don't overcome this trauma, I won't be able to move away from the memories. It will only be stuck in my head.

"I-I was 8 when my parents wanted me to put some violin lessons," my heart clenched as I mumbled the forbidden word out of my mouth, "I used to play the violin that's why they arranged a teacher to teach me." I started, trying to ignore the man that came to my mind.

Haider encouraged me to continue by caressing my cheek, he pulled me in his lap while rubbing my back.

"The teacher was a young man, a man that used to get a lot of attention from women. At first, it was starting to go well, the teacher was nice and funny to hang around, we had a lot of things in common, he even introduced me to his son who was 2 years younger than me." My voice became heavy after telling the introduction, my supportive boyfriend continued to encourage me.

"You're doing a great job, baby." He muttered and kept rubbing my back, I couldn't smile at him for praising me.

"Three years after, my body began to blossom. I already had breasts at that time, girls would get jealous of me and boys would love to stare at my breast, I was so insecure because I was the only one that had big breasts. I always hated my breast, trying to wear big clothes to hide it but it was still visible. That one summer, I wore a white dress because it was hot—" I croaked out, not able to keep my tears in.

"I had a violin lesson at the time, my teacher came in to teach me. We were in my garden, a small room with flowers. My teacher loved that we were only alone, nobody would bother us and by that time my parents were out because they could trust this man, my brothers started to get comfy with him so they weren't here as well and my teacher became my confident as well. I told him about my problems at school and he would always console me, saying that they were only jealous."