Chapter 50

I was in the hospital, sitting on the chair as we wait for the doctor's report. I glanced at Alevina who was against Alec's chest, her eyes are red and puffy with sadness taking over her expression. She explained to me briefly that someone from the mafia poisoned him and that it was a deadly poison, he neglected his health to see me because he didn't received any news from me.

It was all my fault, I didn't gave him any news and didn't appease his anxiety.

I hope he will be alright, he needs to make it.

"Don't worry about it, Haider is going to make it." The father of my boyfriend consoled me as he sat to me, he told me that his mother went back to the base to find some clues about the person who poisoned him.

"I feel like it's my fault and with the little human who is inside me it's making me feel like shit." I rubbed my stomach and looked down on the ground, afraid to meet his eyes in shame.

"It's not your fault, you guys are young. Beside, Haider loves you a lot to the point he can kill someone for you which I'm very not fond of but it's his duty."

"And, you made me a grandfather already just as I imagined, he will be so excited to hear that." He finished his talk making me widen my eyes. Will he be happy?

"Are you serious?" I asked him.

"Positive, I need to take you to the obstetrician to see the evolution of your pregnancy."

Pregnancy, what a foreign word.

Mr Azrails took me to the obstetrician  who was situated in the long end of the corridor, he opened the door and made me go inside. It was a woman sitting on the chair who was looking at the computer.

"Elijah, how are you!" The woman chirped as she pointed the chairs for us to sit.

"I'm doing fine Geraldine, my son's girlfriend is pregnant and we would like to know the evolution of her pregnancy." He explained the situation to the doctor, she nodded and smiled to me.

"Alright, I just need you to lay on the bed while I prepare my things to examine your baby." I stood up and got up on the bed while she wore some gloves.

"I will be outside, please call me if you need help."

The woman turned on the ultrasound and she spread some gel on my stomach.

"I can a little person inside your stomach, it must be a boy."

A boy?

"That's incredible." I said with no emotions, I don't know what to say when my father is upset against me and Athan who is enraged about it.

"You shouldn't pressured about this and from your peers, even though they are angry at you they will still forgive you." She chuckled as if she heard my thoughts, I don't believe that Athan could forgive me easily.

Suddenly the door is burst open, Me Azrails walked in.

"Haider is awake, he's asking for you!" He directed to me, I looked at the woman who smiled and wiped out the gel on my stomach. Before leaving the room, I asked her to print out the image of our baby.