Chapter 43

Haider

"Let's start the meeting with a bang!" Rosario yelled happily as he did the gun motion with his finger, I gripped my revolver tightly behind my arm back to calm myself and not do a stupid thing like killing my cousin.

"You seem so...happy." Everett, who is confused placed some cups of water on the large table. There were eight chairs and those chairs were designed for the sottocapos and the other important people in the mafia to sit. I was sitting next to where the don/underboss would sit.

"He probably ate a pack of gummies." Noel shrugged, he was sitting across from me and will have to deal with Rosario who will be sitting next to him. The person who will sit next to me would be Braxton and Everett and so on.

"I'm here, girls!" Braxton makes his appearance and walked toward me.

"Great another victim." I muttered under my breath.

"He needs to chill down." The twins walked into the meeting hall and with Neal who was on his phone, everyone was here except my uncle who likes to be a little late which could get him in trouble.

"They are like little Cross and Ran." Athan chuckled as I smiled absent-mindedly of my girl who might be sleeping at this hour.

"I heard that your sister is hot, can I bang her?" Just like that, my smile was wiped out of my face and I clenched my jaw.

"You little piece shit, stop fucking talking or I will blow your brain." I growled and he stopped talking, taking my threats for real. The hall was silent for a moment because of my words but then Valentino came in as he ran toward the first seat of the table.

"I hope you guys didn't any trouble during my absence." Valentino said slowly as he observed me trying to breathe but because of the anger, I glared at Rosario who smirked, probably proud of hitting one of my nerves.

"You can proceed with the meeting, I have a date in like 30 minutes." Athan said, rushing him. Valentino nodded and asked each of us for a report of our daily work.

"As you know, Haider will take over the don's place in a week. We need to make an inauguration for the new boss and settle a date with it. Do you have a partner or maybe Isabella—"

"I do have a date." I interrupted him and looked at the twins who looked at me in confusion, "Urania Andino."

"What?!" Athan yelled as he stood up from the table, Valentino was surprised at his sudden reaction. Avel was too shocked to react that I was with his precious little sister for the whole time but I had to hide, I was unsure of her feelings and she's hard to decipher which is why I play little tricks like making her jealous but now that I know her feelings I'm willing to tell her everything about my family.

"Oh." Rosario let out as if he realized something, I need to find that out but I have to take care of her brothers who feel maybe betrayed because I went behind their back. But how could avoid her fucking presence?

"You were fucking fooling us by helping her in math! How fucking dare you!" Athan screamed as he banged his fist on the table, I stood up as well and pulled out my revolver that I had been keeping it for a long time.

"There is one thing that I wouldn't let go of is disrespect. Stop shouting at me as if I was an animal."

"You betrayed us." Avel said calmly, Valentino told everyone to leave except us.

"I shouldn't ever let you meet her." Athan followed his brother's lead. I was furious to hear those things, it was destiny. I met her and God made sure of our meeting. I felt Valentino placing his hands on my shoulders but I removed them and walked toward them.