Chapter 42.5: Love?!

"Stop saying I am in love with Miki!" Haruto shouted, "I am too young to experience such a strong emotion!" 

"Relax, there are ways to prove them wrong, sir," Yuuto told him.

"Like what!" Haruto eagerly responded.

"Well, it has been said that if it lasts more than a few months, it is indeed love," Yuuto informed him. Riku and Itsuki laughed.

"This has been going on for much longer than a few months, my friend," Itsuki chuckled. Haruki curled himself into a ball on the ground.

"Leave me alone!" he whined.

"Sir, there is another way to distinguish a crush from real love," Yuuto continued, "it has also been said that if they get a haircut and your attraction to them diminishes, it is a mere crush."

"See! You can never prove that I am in love with her, because why would she get a haircut?!" 

The next day, there was an M4 and S4 fan greeting. It was just like usual, except for one detail: Miki indeed had gotten a haircut. Her hair was between chin length and shoulder length. Haruto noticed this right away. He was so ready to not be attracted to her anymore, but that was not the case. In fact, she looked even more attractive in his opinion. Miki took one look at him and he turned bright red. He dismissed it as being sick and he was driven back to the M4 dorms, dreadfully waiting for the other boys to get back and tease him until his death.