Chapter 46: Glittering Wings

The sound of music hummed on Nanase's AiMobile. The idol was watching recordings of when Hana and Miki obtained their Shimmerglow dresses.

"Shimmerglow dress..." Nanase said quietly to herself. Nanase had a lovely voice, no doubt. But she never stood out much as an idol. Maybe because she was shy. Maybe because she never went to get her sloppy self-cut hair fixed. But one thing was certain to her. If she obtained one of those Shimmerglow dresses, she'd be immensely popular. But how could she obtain one? No idea. Nanase's AiMobile rang. She immediately answered.

"Hey Nanase! Me and your mother both have important errands today! Could you please babysit your siblings for us?" her dad said on the other end.

"Of course I can!" Nanase answered. However, Nanase did not really want to babysit her siblings. You know how she wants a Shimmerglow dress? Well, she had planned a live show for that night. But now that she had to babysit her siblings, the live might have to be canceled. Great. Another reason not to stand out as an idol: canceling lives. But family should always come first. Time to call Graci the Uber driver! Oh wait, only Miki can figure out how to get her. Nanase walked to her house instead. When she got to the door, she saw her sister Emiri staring at her. Emiri immediately opened the door.

"Nana is back! Nana is back!" she squealed as she gave her sister a hug. Emi was 6 years old. She had shoulder length lavender hair and bright magenta eyes. Two identical boys and another girl made their way to Nanase.

"Nanase!" one boy exclaimed. This was Kaito. He had short dirty blonde and lavender eyes. So did the other boy, named Ryu. They were both 9.

"Sis!" the other girl said excitedly. She had long dirty blonde hair tied in a braid and lavender eyes. This girl was Kimi. She was 12 years old. 

"Hi! I missed you all!" Nanase responded. She gave all four siblings a hug and led them to the living room. Kaito and Ryu played a video game on the tv. Emi took out a coloring book and colored. Kimi had something to say.

"Hey, sis?" Kimi said to Nanase.

"What is it, Kimi?"

"I auditioned to get into Four Star Academy because I want to be an idol like you." 

"I'm glad you want to be an idol too! I hope they accept you!"

"Yeah, I hope so."

"Nanase! You should play a video game with us!" Kaito suggested. Ryu nodded.

"I'm not really go-" Nanase was cut off. She was not known for being the best at video games.

"We can play Just Dance! You'll be good at that!" Kaito told her. "How many Just Dance games have they made, anyways? I feel like they've been making them forever!"

"At least 25 or 30 at this point," Nanase answered as Kaito selected the game.

"I like Just Dance, but I hate switching games to get to the song I want," Ryu said quietly, "I wish we had that subscription that lets you play all the Just Dance songs in one game." Nanase went on her AiMobile to look up how much the subscription cost.

"It's not that expensive! I can buy it for you!" she smiled.

"Really? Thank you so much Nanase!" Ryu exclaimed. Making her siblings happy made Nanase happy. Once the game loaded, she found the button to buy the subscription. She typed in her credit card information, and then voila! They had the subscription. But wait! A 14 year old with a credit card? A bit odd, but that's Aikatsu for you. The siblings decided to do a Hatsune Miku song. Not to Nanase's surprise, she won.