Chapter 43: Shimmering Snow

Idol news reporter Aoi Kawazu appeared on the screen with her curly blue hair tied in a low ponytail.

"Breaking news! Aikatsu scientists have come up with a name for the gorgeous new special dress that Hana Umeda obtained on her last performance in Japan!" A video of Hana's performance played next to Aoi. "They have decided to call it a Shimmerglow dress based on how it, well, shimmered and glowed! We don't know much more about this phenomenal dress, but Aikatsu scientists think it might be similar to Star Wings and Jeweling dresses from the past, so be on the lookout for more idols magically obtaining Shimmerglow dresses in the future!"

"Maybe I can get one tonight!" Miki said to herself as she shut off her AiMobile. She was in a practice room practicing for a special live show she had tonight. It was already Christmas Eve and the rest of S4 and M4 was busy with other Christmas prepations, so the live show was left to Miki. She thought song she would be singing was a pretty song and fit her voice well. But something was lacking when she practiced, and she could not put her finger on it. Not only that, but she could not focus that well either. Why? She felt as if Haruto was avoiding her and it felt odd. She denied that it was because she wanted to interact with him, but rather that it just felt abnormal. Making Haruto a blushing mess while dodging teases from Sena felt as normal as brushing your teeth every morning. Oh well. Miki's AiMobile buzzed. She opened her text messages.

Sena: Mikiiiiii when will you come outsideeeee youve been in there foreverrrr!!!! T-T

Miki: look do you want my performance to be perfect or not

Sena: I DONT CARE I JUST WANT YOU TO GET OUT AND ENJOY THE CHRISTMAS EVE CELEBRATION

Miki: you dont need me out there i am fine

Sena: But everyone misses you! And if you keep at it youll completely miss Christmas Eve!

Miki: fine, ill be out in ten

Sena: YAY YAY YAY :DDD

Miki sighed as she placed her AiMobile down. She go through the song one more time, and then that was it. It's do or die.

Haruto sobbed as Riku pulled on his arm. 

"Miki is not outside! I've been texting her, you'll be fine!" Riku shouted.

"I am not going outside! You could be lying!" Haruto whined. It had been a couple weeks since his realization that his little thing for Miki may not be just a crush. Or a little thing. And now he was terrified to see her with this knowledge in his mind. Itsuki came inside the M4 dorms.

"You two are going to miss everything if you stay in here, hurry up," he told Haruto and Riku.

"That's it, I am leaving," Riku sighed, "just please get yourself together and show up, the underclassmen are going to be disappointed if you don't." Riku and Itsuki exited the dorm. Haruto stared at the floor. Riku was right. He was supposed to help out with the Christmas Eve event. M4 and S4 are supposed to have a large role in events like this, and he had wasted his time AND Riku's time over a girl. How pathetic. What kind of upperclassmen sets a bad example? 

Something had to be done with his feelings, Haruto decided. When people want to get over a fear, they face the fear. So Haruto was going to face his feelings. Face Miki. Confess to her. And if he got rejected? Ouch! But the feelings would surely go away if he confirmed that he didn't have a chance, right? But what if Miki liked him back? He did not consider that at all because he did not think that was a possibility. Alright. Haruto gave himself minutes to get everything together, and then he would go outside.