Chapter 5: The drive

Ruka POV

Woohoo! It's the first day of school! Mom and Dad are going to drive me, Rie, and our friends to school. But then, we will have dorms! It's a big change to not live at home anymore and not see family as often. Nanase has four younger siblings! I wonder how they are going to be with her gone!

"Ruka! Rie! Get in the car before your father leaves without you!" Mom says. I quickly grab my bags and run into the car.

"That was quick!" Dad says as he winks.

"Yeah! I wanna get to school already!" I exclaim. Rie and Mom get into the car and we start to drive to Miki's house. Her parents hug her as she tries escape.

"Help me." she mouths as I chuckle. "Mom! Dad! I'm gonna be late!" Miki screams as she rurns into the car and throws her bags inside. Her mom waves as her vermillion hair blows in the wind. Her dad adjusts his glasses and watches the car as it drives away. Miki tries to show us how to play this really cool looking game on her phone, as me and Rie are totally confused. Next stop is Nanase's house! As we arrive, we see Nanase and her family, all hugging, kissing, and crying.

"I'LL MISS YOU ALLLL!" she screams as she pulls them all in for one last tight hug. Nanase walks into the car and gloomily places down her bags.

"Nanase, are you ok?" I ask with concern. She nods.

"I'm just going to miss my family a lot." she responds. I hand her some tissues and she blows her nose and wipes her face.

"Hey Nanase, wanna try this game on my phone?" Miki asks. "Me, Rie, and Ruka were playing it but you can play it if it will cheer you up!"

"No, I'm good." Nanase says. We then arrive at Sena's house.

"Bye Mom! Bye Dad!" She shouts as she springs into the car. "Four Star Academy, here I come!" She jumps into the car and throws her bags. Dad and Mom chuckle.

"Next stop, Four Star Academy!" Mom says cheerfully.

"Woohoo!" We all yell.

"Mr. Igarashi, Mrs. Igarashi, could you please turn on the radio?" Sena asks.

"Sure!" Dad answers as he turns it on. A really nice song starts to play. It says,"Acacia​ yureru mori no kokyū. Komorebi no tulle haottara pirouette". The singer sounds cute and reminds me of a fairy. Dad looked startled when the song started to play though. His eyes start to water a bit. Why would this song make him cry? Mom looks at him like she knows what is happening. She nods at him, like if giving him an ok to do something. He switches it to another radio.

"Dad, why did you switch the radio?! That song was really cool!" I whine.

"Oh, just adult reasons.." Mom says, as if she doesn't want to explain. Oh well.

"Yes! I won!" Sena yells. Apparently she also has the game Miki has on her phone.