Chapter 25: Reunion

"It's been forever since we've been to Japan, Elza."

"Yes, it has been, but I know you're excited to see her."

"Yep, after all these years..."

"Don't worry, we're almost there."

~~

"Ruka! Good luck on your live!" Rie exclaimed.

"Thanks!" Ruka said cheerfully.

"No prob!" Rie answered back as she high fived her sister.

Ruka wore this:

She sang "Melody Of Heart"

Love like a melody Love like a melody

Heart wo nazotte narihibike

Love like a melody Love like a melody

Kimi no moto ni made todoku yō ni

Tōku kara tada mitsumeru dake (I'm fall in love)

Heart no melody ga chū o mau (I'm loving you)

Koi no telepathy sōshin surukara

Bibibi-tto uketomete yo kimi no antenna de

Kanchigai shinai de tokubetsu janai no watashi wa futsū no on'nanoko

Koi ni koishite mitari yume ni yume mitari

Sōzō no sekai wo fuwa fuwa fuwa

Kimi o motto shiritaishi oshaberi mo shitai

Onaji rhythm de dokidoki wakachiaitai

Dakara honto no watashi o mite please me

Love like a melody Love like a melody

Heart wo nazotte narihibike

Love like a melody Love like a melody

Kimi no moto ni made todoku yō ni

The audience applauded her. Ruka went backstage to gather her stuff and then went outside to find her ride back to school. It was very crowded and she was having a hard time getting through. The crowd was starting to clear up, when she heard a voice from behind her.

"Ruka."

Ruka turned around. Behind her was a woman. She had long hair about the same color as Ruka's that was tied into low pigtails. Something about this woman seemed familiar. Ruka stared at her.

"Who are you?" Ruka asked, her hair blowing in the breeze.

"I am Aria Igarashi," the woman answered as her eyes watered up. Ruka's eyes widened. "I am your mother." Ruka's eyes watered too. She ran up to Aria and hugged her while sobbing. 

"I-Is it r-really you?" Ruka asked in between sobs.

"Yes, it is." Aria answered. Her eyes were watery, but she wasn't sobbing like Ruka. Rie started running up to Ruka.

"Hey, Ruka! Mom and da-" Rie paused. "Ruka?" Nozomu and Laura followed after Rie.

"Aria?!" Nozomu said in shock. Aria let go of her daughter and looked at Nozomu.

"Nozomu?!" she said, also shocked. "And Laura?!" she added, turning her head to look at Laura. Nozomu's started to cry. "I didn't know you both remarried." Aria said to Nozomu and Laura, partially hurt.

"A-Aria, I ca-" Nozomu was cut off.

"I already understand, I left after all," Aria told him guiltily Now she was starting to cry.

"A-Aria, why'd you leave?" Nozomu asked, still crying.

"Taking care of Ruka when she was a baby was hard. I could never get her to stop crying or to eat her food. No matter how much I tried to be a good parent, it didn't work. I felt like I was a problem. I was a terrible parent. I didn't want Ruka to suffer having me as a mother. I wanted the best for her, and the me being there definitely wasn't the best for her. Neo Venus Ark happened to be in Japan, so I contacted Elza, left you a note saying that I was safe, and left that night to be a teacher at Neo Venus Ark." Aria explained. She wrapped her arms around Nozomu and cried into his chest. "I'm a terrible mother. I shouldn't have left you and Ruka, I'm so sorry," she cried. Nozomu ran his fingers through her silky hair.

"It's fine, you meant well," Nozomu reassured. Out of nowhere, Rie started crying.

"Rie, why are you crying?" Laura asked, concerned.

"Ruka gets to meet her other biological parent, but I'll never get to meet mine.." Rie sighed. "Why did he have to die!" she cried. Laura hugged her and started crying too.

"There was a drunk driver, and they got into a big accident that included your father." Laura said quietly.

"I wish I could meet him," Rie whispered.

Hai everyone! Just so you all know, I will be changing the part before chapter 9 with some of the characters' singing voices. I will be giving some Love Live singing voices. If you read that chapter and some characters already have singing voices from Love Live, just ignore this.