Chapter 24: A new unit arises

"Miki! Nanase!" Hana shouted. Miki and Nanase slowed down. Miki and Nanase were having a morning jog. Hana was too, and happened to find them jogging too. 

"Hey Hana!" Nanase said happily.

"Hey." Miki said. 

"How has your Aikatsu been going?" Hana asked them. 

"I've mainly been training, but I haven't had any lives. Nothing special has really been happening in my Aikatsu," Nanase answered.

"Eh, it's about the same for me. What about you?" Miki asked.

"I modeled for the cover of a fashion magazine once, but it was pretty normal after that." Hana stated.

"We're all behind on our Aikatsu..." Nanase sighed.

"Yeah. Sena has been having lives with Dreamy Crown coords, Ruka and Rie have been doing KuKu Kawaii Accesories' BFF Necklaces campaigns, and Izumi is acting for a movie. We've been doing practically nothing." Miki added. 

"I have an idea!" Hana exclaimed. "Maybe our Aikatsu will improve if we form a unit!"

"Great idea!" Nanase agreed.

"Yeah, what should we call it?" Miki asked.

"Hm, I have no idea." Hana said.

Miki, Nanase, and Hana sat at a table. They had a notebook full of unit name ideas. None of them were good.

"Wait," Nanase said, "I have an idea."

"What is it?" Hana asked.

"So, you know how you are in beauty class and Miki and I are in song class?" Hana nodded. "Mermaids are known for their beauty and their songs' beauty, so maybe we could be called Mermaids?" Nanase suggested.

"That's a good idea," Miki agreed. 

"Yeah, but maybe we could write it like this," Hana said as she wrote "MERMAiDS" in the notebook.

"Why is the 'i' lowercase, is there a meaning?" Miki asked.

"No, I just think it looks cool," Hana answered, "so what do you think?" 

"I think it's great! Let's debut soon!" Nanase exclaimed.

"I couldn't agree more," Miki said, smiling.

~a few weeks later~

"Idol fans are excited for the debut of new idol group MERMAiDs!" a news reporter said. She had blue eyes and wave blue hair held down in a low ponytail. "Let's see what this idol fan has to say about it!" she passed her microphone to a random girl who was in the audience waiting patiently for the debut. 

"I think these young idols sound promising and I can't wait to see how popular MERMAiDS gets!" the girl exclaimed. She handed the microphone back to the reporter.

"Okay! The debut live is starting soon! Aoi Kawazu, signing off!" the reporter, Aoi, exclaimed.

"With our beauty," Hana chanted, putting her hand in the middle.

"and the beauty of our song," Miki chanted, putting her hand on Hana's.

 "we shall entrance our audience!" Nanase chanted, putting her hand on Miki's. 

"We are MERMAiDS,  and we're ready to dive in!" all three said together as they lifted their hands. 

Miki wore this:

Nanase wore this:

Nanase wore this:

Hana wore this:

They sang Shiranai Love*Oshiete Love

To make things simple, Nanase is Rin (the girl with short orange hair), Miki is Umi (the girl with long hair and a long dress), and Hana is Nozomi (the girl with long pigtails). I probably will add the lyrics later. 

The audience stood up and clapped. 

When the three girls got home, their amazing debut live was already on tv. It was being replayed and praised on quite a few news channels. All three girls were excited to see what their Aikatsu would be like now.