Chapter forty eight: "Are You Having Sex or Something?"

Harry's pov.

"Yes boys, I'll be coming back soon. The trial is tomorrow and I'll be going back to work next week. Simon insisted on giving me a bit longer of a break to release my stress. I hope that extra bed in your room is still available, Ni." Jami said through Niall's phone, which was on speaker. The lads were surrounded around the cell phone, but I was standing behind a wall, listening in. "Of course, love. We all can't wait to see you." I heard Jami sigh from the other side. "I don't think all of you do.." She trailed off.

I knew she was talking about me, and I my heart dropped immediately. "Anyway," Louis changed the subject cheerfully. "Tell us the story!" She laughed, and I could imagine Jami shaking her head, smiling at the ground like she does. The others agreed, persuading her to tell a story. "As you all know, Harry and I solved the puzzle, figuring out Jacy would go somewhere she'd feel safe." They nodded, ushering her to continue though she couldn't see them.

"Well, after a few calls and orders to the police, we finally got on her trail, where she stole her mother's car so she could escape. As we got closer, we all tried to surround her- us and the police- but she stayed faster. I finally got tired of the chase, making Harry jump out of the car, and zoomed in front of Jacy, causing her to hit me." The lads gasped, and I held back from screaming and whining for her safety. "Are you okay?" Liam asked worriedly.

Jealousy built up quickly at how much attention the other lads were getting from her and how I was getting none. Of course, it's my own fault that she's not talking to me, but I can't help but want her to.I sighed quietly, running a hand threw my curls. "I'm fine, just a few broken ribs and a fractured wrist and ankle." They all gasped once more. "That's not okay!" Zayn argued. 

Jami just chuckled, letting her voice expand through the room. "I'm fine, boys. A nice Jack Daniels took the pain away like that." She snapped into the phone and all of them laughed. "How are you all? Not getting in too much trouble, I hope." She asked curiously. "We're good too. Simon wouldn't let us out of the flat all week." Louis said sadly. "He put us under most of security, afraid another pshyco would come after us." Liam finished. 

"I'm really sorry guys," Jami said, barely above a whisper. "Maybe it'd be better if I just quit... I did get a nice job offer a while ago by the Howers Industry to be a teacher. I'm sure they'd still let me be at least interviewed." "No!" "You can't!" "Come back to us, love!" Their voices rang in my ears and I immediately knew what to do. 

Running from behind the wall, I jogged out of the flat, calling Jami up immediately. 

Jami's pov.

"I'm getting another call, talk to later boys!" I smiled to myself as they bid their goodbyes and I hung up. "Manson." I said, not bothering to look at the caller I.D. "Hello, Jami?" A familiar voice rung my ears. "This is she. What do I owe the pleasure?" I asked. "It's Harry." I sighed, mentally groaning. "As I already knew. Now, will you tell me why you're calling me?" "Are you back in London yet?" He wondered. "Yes Harol-" "Harry." He ordered. I rolled my eyes. "Yes, I am. But since Mr. Cowell gave me an extra week off, I'll be site-seeing all week." 

I heard him groan, and my  thoughts wondered to every possibility. "Are you having sex or something right now? Because I don't preferably want to listen to your groans via the cell phone." He groaned in annoyance this time, and my expressions grew curious. "I'm not, you're the only person I want to be with." I sighed in response, letting him continue. "Jami, I love you." I shook my head, knowing well that he couldn't see me. 

"Please take me back." He begged. "You cheated on me and I took you back. Then you break up with me because I'm too busy protecting your life to spend time with you. And now you're begging me to take you back over the phone. I'm sorry Harry, but no."

Before I got the chance to hang up, he yelled my name through the speakers. I sighed loudly, putting the phone back up to my ear. "What?" I snapped. "If you still think there's any possibility of us getting back together, meet me under the London Eye at 8 o'clock sharp. If you don't show, I'll leave you alone forever."

With that, Harry hung up on me without another word. I sighed once more, letting my mind wonder about what I should do.