Chapter forty two: "Loosen up, woulda?"

"Baaaaaabe?" Harry whine from next to me on the couch. We had left the beach about an hour ago, and have only been sitting for five mintues before the boys started complaining about going out to do something. "What Harold?" I asked sternly. He just stuck his tongue out at me, winking. Rolling my eyes, I stood up to get a drink.

Honestly, I've always wanted to do a 'spit-take' like in the movies. Like where someone would surprise me mid-drink, and I'd end up spitting it on someone. Sounds disgusting, yes, but I always imagined doing it to someone I didn't like. For example, back in primary school, before I even knew about my fate as a spy, I was only in the 4th grade but already had an enemy. 

The devil's name was Translee Graham. She went by Lee because, according to her self-absorbed, 10 year old mind, Translee was- and I quote- "Like, totally damn stupid!" Why or how she even knew the word 'damn' was beyond me, but I remember laughing my young, petite ass off.  

Anyway, the little twit constantly picked on my younger self. This consisted of her pathetic attempts of name-calling, the occasional thump of shoulders when I'd pass her in the halls, and the constant calling me out to our teacher for bull. If I had known back then that I would grow up to be a professional spy, I would've kicked that little ass of her's years ago. Sadly, back then I was just a child who was afraid to even confront the ignorant punk. 

Well, one day the brown-eyed twat was bullying me again, insulting me as usual. Me, sitting with a few friends at lunch, were talking about God knows what, when Translee ran up to us. Throwing some insult at me, a close friend of mine, Dominique, whispered an insult about Lee in my ear. Luckily for the bully, she moved out of the way just as my red gatorade spat out of my mouth. 

She shrieked, her brown hair practically a mess out of the panic attack she had. The girl actually dropped to the ground, huddling her legs around her arms. Translee sat on the ground like that, her head dug into her knees for a few more minutes, whispering things like "It's okay Lee, not too much is on you" or "Don't let that hater get to you". It was sad, really, that her fashion statement was so important to her 10 year old mind that she would send herself into panic mode. I knew that as generations went by, children were becoming more self-centered, but this was just sad.

After that failed attempt of getting revenge, I promised myself that one day I would do a spit-take, and make it amazing.

And today was that day. 

Walking into the kitchen, three of the boys- Louis, Niall, and Liam- were lounging around at the table in the center. The were laughing about something I didn't catch, but ignoring them, I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge.

"I never see you drink anything other than water." Niall complained, ushering to my drink. "It's apart of my diet." I reminded him. The blonde just rolled his eyes at my response. "You also never eat sweets, or anything unhealthy for that." I gave him a confused expression in return. "You're just so healthy, it's insane! Loosen up, woulda?" Niall winked at me and I rolled my eyes. "How exactly do you want me to 'loosen up'?" I asked. "We have that party tonight!" Liam piped up. 

Cocking my head in confusion, the boys explained. "We were invited to this party for celebrities and their... Lovers.." Lou trailed off. I couldn't help it, but the way that Louis had said 'lover' had me spitting my water all over Niall. He screeched and I just laughed my ass off, as did we all. Niall shrugged it off, taking off his soaking wet shirt and wiping his face off with a towel. After another ten or so minutes of laughing and Niall glaring playfully at me, I apologized a few times, as he just shrugged. Calming down, I looked at Louis who was still laughing but trying to control it. "You were saying?" I asked nonchalantly. After another minute, he finally responded. "It's all fancy, posh people, and since you're obligated to go, you should let us dress you up!" Louis finished, squeeling. I rolled my eyes, shrugging. "I don't care." The boys cheered, and we all went into my room to look at my dresses.

 The four boys were now in my room, throwing my clothes around everywhere. Zayn had finally met up with us, and they refused to let Harry even glance inside to see what I would be wearing. I honestly didn't care about what they might pick out because I trusted these boys enough. Especially since they all know if they even dare to pick out a dress that I would disapprove of, I could pumble them to the ground. Dress by dress were thrown next to me, who was sitting on my bed drinking the bottle of water I had, when finally, Louis screamed. 

"This... This is it." He stated, his mouth hanging in happiness. The other three crowded around, excluding me from seeing the oh-so-perfect dress he found. It could be any of the one hundred their management had bought me when I first came, so I didn't know what to expect.

When they brought out a long, purple dress that- even in high heels- would still hang down low, I almost gasped. It was beautiful. A U-neck that had snowflakes covering the upper breasts, lacy sides that showed off my legs but at the same time hid them, and a perfect purple belt hugging the waist (Picture to the right). 

My mouth also hung in shock as I stared at the beauty in front of me. "Holy-" I cut myself off, not exactly knowing what to say. I've never been the biggest fan of dresses, Hell, I hate skirts, but damn was this dress gorgeous.

Trying it on, I walked back out of my restroom, showing the other boys. I was pretty sure they liked how it looked on me as they all gaped at my figure in front of them. "If Harry doesn't tap that tonight, I will." I heard Niall whisper to the other boys, who chuckled. Chucking a pillow at him, it hit the blonde square in the face, pushing him back on the bed. "Watch it, Horan." I scolded.

He just winked, handing me a pair of heels. I nodded in thanks towards him and gently put on the white heels that hid perfectly under the dress. Louis then threw me a pair of sterling silver earrings, which I gladly put on, while Zayn fixed my hair. I kept my soft black make up on, making the rest of my face plain. When Zayn was done with my hair, it was in a low bun with some of my bangs hanging to the side, making me smile to him in gratitude. 

"Well now that you're done, we must get ready, love." I nodded to Liam, who led the others out my door and into their own rooms.