Chapter one: "Who are you?"

I stopped texting my father after that. I'm not worried about any of them, I'm trained in martial arts, I can snap them like twigs if I have to. 

I'm more nervous that I won't be able to pass as his girlfriend. I've been in a relationship before, we were very happy together- until he died. 

That probably sounds sick for me to say so nonchalantly, but it hurts. Jason was my best friend for years, and we both fell in love with each other. That's why my father is so strict about me falling in love: because Jason was one of my first missions. I was there to protect him from people- not as a body guard though- but he died in the process. 

I choose not to talk about it because I'd cry, and that's something I refuse to do in front of people. The first month after his death I was a wreck. My father would try to send me on missions so I would feel better, but I wouldn't leave my room. 

Over time it took about two months for me to go on another mission, but Jason has been on my mind throughout all of that.

Jason's been dead for two years now, we had dated for one year. It's safe to say I've been on other dates, but I still feel that others can never live up to Jason's potential. I know he'd want me to move on, and I have, but I still feel him watching over me, helping me find the right guy. 

I'm not hung up on his death, because every thing happens for a reason. Of course I miss him and I still love him, but he was more a best friend than anything, and we both knew that. 

I still have those vivid dreams where he comes back and we have conversations like we used to, laying under a big tree at his house, talking about my new missions. He was the only person my father ever let me discuss my missions with- other than my other teammates. 

My dad really loved Jason, looked at him like a son. That's why it was so much harder when I lost him, and since then my dad has been very protective over who I date.

A single tear streamed down my face, but I quickly wiped it away and started packing. I didn't hesitate to fold and stuff everything I had into my suitcases, but not before I put my silver locket in it. My mother had given it to me before she went over-seas for her job. 

My mother is also a spy; but her job required her to move to Germany and live there for a while. We thought it would only been a few months- but she's been gone for over a year now. My father and I still keep in contact with her, and I'm very happy to say that they've maintained a healthy relationship through all this.

I finished packing the remainder of my things and checked the time. 1:37 p.m., damn it I have to be ready by 2. I zipped up my plain black suitcase and grabbed a pair of the few clothes I had set out.

I wore light blue skinny jeans and a black and white polka dotted shirt that revealed part of my flat stomach (Picture to the right). I had brushed my hair earlier, but it still looked like a mess. I didn't bother to deal with it, so it just frizzed up a bit. 

2:00 and the door bell rang. "Just in time for whatever." I smirked and walked to the front door.

"Hello." I greeted five teenagers at my doorstep. "Ello!" "Hi!" "You must be Jessie!" More welcomes erupted through and eventually I realized who these guys were. 

"Ah, you must be the One Direction lads, eh?" I said, trying to pull off a quick British accent. 

Harry looked at me confused, but the others didn't seem to notice. Damn it, I can't be busted so early.

"Yes, I am Jessie Foster, and I know who you all are." I winked and laughed. 

"Okay, well come on in and we can get to know each other more?" It came out more as a question and they all followed me to my huge living room.