Chapter eighteen: "Tell the Paps to Fuck Off"

Liam went over the schedule for this week, which mostly consisted of the guys having rehearsals for their concert at the end of the week. Apparently since I'm dating and living with Harry, I'm expected to also show up at everything with them. 

Not that I'm not excited, but I was planning on having a day to spend with Ry again, since I haven't seen him in two years. But that can't happen now that I'm 'famous' and the papazzi will destroy me if they see me with another guy. 

I'm currently trying to explain this to Ry, who is on the other line screaming at me how I should, and I quote, "Tell the paps to fuck off." We've been on the phone for almost an hour now. I agreed with him that the paparazzi are stupid and I should just hang out with him, but I know I can't.. Which makes Ry more and more annoyed. 

"Jami, you'll have to hang out with me sometime!" He yelled into the phone jokingly. "Damn it." I cursed sarcastically to my best friend. "Harry you know I would if I could.. Honestly, I would abort this entire mission if I could.. But you know I can't. Especially not now. I'm actually dating him now, and I refuse to let him slip away like Jason did." I said sternly.

I didn't have to fight any tears at the thought of Jason, but it did definitely hurt. Ever since Harry and I started dating, I've been thinking about Jason less and less, but nothing will ever change the fact that Jason is always in my heart and mind.

"What mission?" A British voice called from behind me. I slightly jumped from the unexpected voice as I came face to face with all five boys. "Harry, I have to go... It's happening." I whispered the final part into the phone before I hung up and tossed my phone onto the bed next to me.

Sighing, I searched in my mind for an excuse. Something that could get me out of this mess. "My friend Harry, the one you met a little while ago, well he wants to hang out with me very badly. And I was trying to explain to him that I can't because I have to go with you guys everywhere." I stated plainly. I was hoping they wouldn't notice that I ignored the primary question.

Of course, luck wasn't on my side, and Liam decided to speak up. "What mission?" He repeated himself. I didn't show any sign of being nervous or worried, but I was on the inside. Usually I didn't have to deal with so many people, so now I have to make sure none of them no anything, or else they might catch on to it. "Well it's not really a mission as much as just my job. Like you all know, I originally came here to be Harry's fake girlfriend. Well I was just saying, that I wouldn't have taken the job if that meant I could spend more time with Ry." 

Harry had a sexy smirk on his face, as he new what I was playing at. Instead of leaving it alone, he decided to put me into an even bigger mess. "Are you saying you wish you'd never started dating me?" He asked me dramatically. Harry acted like he was really hurt in front of the boys, but I knew he wasn't. "No Harry; I'm just saying I wish I could spend more time with my best friend."

I walked up and kissed him ever-so-lightly to reassure him, which he then tried to turn into a full-on make out session. Gags were made from around the room and I quickly picked up a pillow and threw it at the nearest person. 

When the Irish voice suddenly went "Ow!", I sensed that I had hit Niall. He tried to retaliate by hitting me with the pillow, but I swiftly dodged it and snatched it away from him. "Hey!" He pouted. Laughing, I took this chance to hit him with it again before running out of the room. I heard quite a few yells and new that Niall had ended up wacking someone else. A few minutes later, out came a panting Harry, Louis, and Niall, with Zayn and Liam laughing behind them.