Chapter twenty four: "Do You Really Love Harry?"

It's safe to say I was pretty excited to find out whether or not Matthew would get the life penalty or not. I ignored it as Hull came back and we went off to Harry's apartment, where Liam would be waiting.

"Liam?" I called as we entered. He stepped out of a room, introducing himself to the officer before the questioning began.

A good hour or two passed, and Liam was done with questioning. For some reason, Hull asked him more questions than I. I shrugged it off, hugging Liam tightly as we both silently prayed Matthew would lose this case.

"There's really no possible way he can win this. Too many witnesses; besides, he almost killed famous heartthrob." I reassured Liam. He smiled at me and I shot the same back. "Liam, I'm really sorry you had to see and hear all of that." I sat down next to him. "This is my job, and I've already gotten one person killed because of it.. I really don't want you or the others to be next." His smile faltered a bit.

"Do you really love Harry?" I laughed. "Liam, I was sent to you boys to protect you.. I was also told I had to date one of you. I picked Harry because I figured he'd be the one that I wouldn't fall for; being a flirt and all... But I did. Ever since Jason, my ex boyfriend, I refused to get close to another guy. But only being with Harry for ten minutes and he had already discovered my secret. It was as if he had already known me for years. He sends me tingles, that I haven't received in over two years. Right now, I wouldn't be here talking to you if I didn't love Harry. I'd be out there kicking some ass for you."

Liam laughed, and I did as well. "It's okay, Jam-Jessie." He corrected himself quickly. "But don't you think you should tell the other lads about you? Before they find out you've been lying to them from someone else when you go on a mission- or whatever you call it." I sighed. "I only told you because of my father. I told Harry because I was stuck and he could see through my lies. But this is my job and your safety on the line here.. You and Harry might know about me, but the others will find out when they are ready. Now, can I trust you to keep this a secret?"

He nodded cautiously. "I promise. I don't think it's a good idea, but I promise." I rolled my eyes and got up. "Well now I have to explain the story to Harry, who is probably freaking out on the inside right now." Liam laughed and said a quiet "good luck" before walking out the door.

"Hey Jessie?" Liam asked right before leaving. "Yeah?" "Thanks." I smiled and nodded to him, and he left.