Chapter forty nine: "I Thought You Were Actually Proposing!"

"Happy birthday, love." Niall said via the cell phone. I smiled to myself, letting the fact that he remembered my birthday sink into my mind. "Thanks Ni." I said quietly. "So what are you doing today?" He asked. "Erm, you didn't by chance tell the other boys it's my birthday, right?" I asked cautiously, ignoring his question. "No, I figured they knew and would call you. Why?" I shook my head. "No reason. Anyway, I don't think I'm doing anything today other than sightseeing or something. I figured I'd get discounts if I say it's my birthday." I joked.

I could practically feel Niall rolling his eyes at me. "Want to come hang with the lads and I?" I mentally shrugged, agreeing to it. "Sure, as long as you don't tell them it's my birthday." Niall groaned, obviously wanting to. "Why not?" He complained irritably. "I know you boys, and you'll want to buy me every fucking thing in the world for my birthday. Just because I'm another year older doesn't change the fact that I indeed hate birthdays. They are just excuses for people to waste their money, and the already spoiled society to greed themselves into more presents."

Niall was silent for a moment before finally letting out a long sigh. "Fine, but if I give them hints and they guess it doesn't count!" He cheered happily into the phone. I rolled my eyes, groaning. "Niall don't-" "Go get dressed and be at our flat in 30! Love you Jams!" 

And he hung up.

Knowing Niall would get pissed if I showed up in sweats like I'd prefer, I put on a purple jumper and matching heels, letting a grey headband holding my mess of hair back (Picture to the right). A good twenty minutes passed and I was eating a small breakfast. I haven't been exactly comfortable with eating, as my ribs hurt every time I digest something. 

Shrugging, I headed out of my hotel, stashing two guns and a pocket knife in the small pockets. Don't ask me how I maintain keeping my equipment hidden, but I do. Admiring the ring on my right hand and necklace around my neck, I smiled, the memory of my two best friends flashing back.

*Flashback*

"Stop it!" I whined to my boyfriend and his best friend, who were trying desprately to tickle me. "You're never going to find out where I'm ticklish." I paused. "..If I'm even ticklish." I winked. Jason just rolled his eyes, shoo'ing Harry away before turning me to face him. "You're beautiful." He murmured in my ear, making me actually believe him. Kissing my lips softly, I smiled into it.

Retrieving, I whimpered, pouting at him like a child. "You're too cute." Jason smiled, placing a strand of my hair behind my ear. "So Jami.." He trailed off. I looked at him oddly, waiting for him to continue. "I have a gift for you." 

Cocking my head to the side, I wondered what he was talking about. "It's your birthday, hun." I laughed, hitting myself on the side of the head. "Sorry, I just never really cared about my birthday before." I sighed. He shook my irritably, yelling my ear jokingly. "How can you forget your birthday?!" I just shrugged, not exactly knowing why I forgot.

"I guess I've just been busy." "Really? That's your excuse Jami? Oh please." Harry shook his head in shame as he stepped back in the room. "So sorry I couldn't think of something more clever, Harold." He sent me a glare and I smirked in his direction. "You two need to start getting along." Jason scolded us jokingly. I rolled my eyes, pushing him lightly. "When pigs fly." I snorted. Harry agreed. Little did we know that only 9 months after that we'd be the best of friends.

"Anyway, since last years' present sucked, I finally thought of the perfect present for you.." Jason trailed off as all of us thought back to the previous year. Jason and I had been dating for only a couple months and he wanted to get me something special. Deciding to take me out on a romantic date as the first part, we both got dressed up and we went out. He took me on a carriage ride around the nearby park, which was beautiful during the night. Jason had told me to look up at the last minute, and as I did, I say fireworks going off. They disappeared quickly, but not before leaving the words 'I LUV YOU JANI' in the sky. He had groaned, disappointed with what happened for the rest of the night, when I had thought it was quite hilarious.