Prologue

A post-it note.

That's all my boss gave me, no place to meet, no nothing. Just their names and to be ready by 2. 

"Jami, I have a new assignment for you. You will be the bodyguard of famous boy band One Direction. Rules: No falling in love with them, no getting distracted, and no blowing your cover. Just don't screw this up, got it? Good, be ready in decent clothes by 2 tomorrow." 

Typical of him, don't give me any answers or fill me in with any information. 

You see, I'm a spy. No, I'm not going to be nonchalant or try to say "I'm a secret agent," because I don't want to flatter myself. I am the youngest one on the squad- and only girl on it- so it's not something I want to blurt out to people. 

I work for the CIA in America, but I travel a lot and have to use different accents to blend in. I've been working in this profession since I was 11, so for 8 years now. Yes; this will sound crazy, but my father is in charge of the CIA, so he wanted me to learn how to protect myself. 

Not only am I a favorite throughout my employees due to my enthusiam for the job, but I'm also the toughest one on the squad.. Well, other than the giants that are three times my size.

That's why I've always been great for the job. No one would ever suspect a little teenage girl to be a spy or anything in that range. 

I still don't understand why I have to be a bodyguard if I'm trained to be a spy- but I don't argue with my father. 

Now, just because I'm a spy/body guard doesn't mean I live under a rock. I am aware who One Direction are, I'm just not interested in them. I like their music, it's cute, but I prefer old rock like Aerosmith or The Eagles more.

I didn't bother to look them up to learn more about these boys- or should I say lads- and just went to sleep. 

*Ding dong, ding dong*

"Argggh!" I pulled myself out of bed quickly, checking the time as 11 a.m. That's the most I've been able to sleep in in a long time, I wanted to enjoy it. 

I don't drag myself down like other people do, I jumped down quickly, dashing to the door and opening it hesitantly. 

"Hello dad." I smiled as he looked down upon me and kissed my cheek. "Hey Jams, so I know you're probably wondering more about the job I've assigned you with." I nodded my head, gesturing for him to continue.

"Well, these boys, One Direction, are in danger of fans and such. I know it's a childish task compared to what you've done before, but I can't just send one of my other guys out there with them." I laughed in response, knowing it was true. "Anyway sweetie, we're going to need you to change your name for this, just so no one can suspect who you are and blow your cover. But you know the rules, no falling in love." He sent me a glare. "Dad, you know I don't plan on falling in love anytime soon, but you will have to let me eventually."

"Fine, fine, Jams. Go off and date everything with legs, I don't mind." He remarked sarcastically and I glared. "Thanks dad!" I exclaimed sarcastically, hugging him and kissing his cheek. "If you fall in love with any of them, just make sure they're worth it. And if they find out who you really are, call me and I'll knock their memory out." My dad winked at me before finishing. 

"Thanks dad, love you!" I kissed his cheek once again, until he looked back at me. "Jams." "Yes dad?" "Be careful." "I will, dad, don't worry." I smiled. "Oh and you're leaving to Europe in two days, better start packing." He winked and walked out, not before screaming "I'll text you the deats later, babe!" in a pathetic teenage girl accent.

I smirked to myself as I started packing all my clothes. Wait. He said to be ready by 2, is that still on? Almost immediately I got a text message from my dad. 

From: The Boss Man

Hey sweetie, just one more thing; You still have to be ready by 2, there are some guests coming over to your house, okay? Love you.

To: The Boss Man

You just read my mind! :o Okay, who's coming though? Love you too.

From: The Boss Man

It's a secret... ;)

I laughed and sat my phone down. Even though I haven't had a real "normal" childhood, I still act like the typical crazy teenage girl in person. But on the inside, it's like I have no real emotions other than my passion for my job and love for my family.

Moments later my phone beeped again.. Gah, what now dad?!

From: The Boss Man

Sorry I forgot to tell you, but you're not going to be their bodyguard infront of the fans.. You'll have to play one of their girlfriends.

What. What? What?! Well that sucks.

To: The Boss Man

Which one...? :(

From: The Boss Man

Your choice. Two of them, Liam Payne and Louis Tomlinson; they're taken. So you have the choice between Harry Styles, Niall Horan, or Zayn Malik. The boys only think their management is going to be setting one of them up with you for publicity, but we know the real reason. 

To: The Boss Man

Ugh, okay. I guess I can deal with that.. When do I have to choose?

From: The Boss Man

Now.. Sorry sweetie. Who's your choice?

I sat there for a minute. Who is my choice? Do I really want to do this? Oh it doesn't matter, I have to do it no matter what.

I picked my phone back up and quickly typed my response in and sent it. 

This should be good..